Devil's Den or Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the edit MB! crpntr133, I'm taking notes for our next annual trip!
There have been some good referrals for some springs I've not dove yet!

del_mo:
I'll go out on a limb here, both are boring after about 10 minutes. Something that you might consider is the Rainbow River. It's a nice 1.5 mile drift dive in about 10 to 20 feet of spring water. Lot's of turtles and a fish.

I think I would agree with you on that, Rainbow river is hard to beat.

N@rco$i$:
I think I would agree with you on that, Rainbow river is hard to beat.

I wouldn't disagree regarding Rainbow River. Only did it once but it was by far a more relaxing, idyllic dive.

Not that many people, many different things to see and touch. Rather amazing to see the sand boils and realize what was happening :D

Just don't remember how much of a hike it is between Ginnie and there, since I was always coming from St Augustine.

Jeff

CTurtle:
Planning on diving Devil's Den of Friday & Ginnie on Saturday. Our travel days are Thursday & Sunday. Real quick trip down there, but it'll be much needed time off.
It was one of our Christmas presents & we were suppose to go with the local dive shop here, but found out yesterday that the trip was cancelled due to only us and one other person being signed up for the trip. So we're just gonna wing it on our own.

Hello from a fellow Kentuckian! Sorry to hear your trip got cancelled on you. If you go down and like what you see and want to do it again, let me know. Our shop does an annual trip to the Florida springs, usually in January or February. We do a day and a half snorkeling with the manatees and diving King Springs and night dive at Catfish Hole. Then we do a day at Devil's Den, a day at Blue Grotto, and a day on Rainbow River. Our shop isn't too far away from, at least for traveling and a trip is concerned. We're in Florence, Kentucky, an hour or so north of you, I believe. We normally have anywhere from 12-35 divers each year that go down, and it's become of the shop's signature trips. There's always some of us regulars that go down, and some students and certified divers, so there's always someone to talk to and dive with. It's always a nice, relaxing trip and a lot of fun besides.

John

We Dove Devil's Den today. It was nice with lots of swim throughs and things to explore. For me it was sort of a way to realize that I didn't mind the closed in areas and would be comfortable pursuing cave training. It was crowded being Sunday but even so we were able to stay away from classes and get better vis. When we came in we(my fiancee and I) were the only ones not with a huge group. I liked it a lot better than Vortex but after a few dives it can get a bit dull. The overhead environment and cave-like entry make it unique and I would recommend it at least once to anyone.

We just relocated to Florida and this was our first dive since becoming residents here. We can't wait to hit the other springs.

Miranda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom