Devil's Den or Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yuronlyone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's always going to be one in the group that has to have an attitude. Fortunately, in the 5 years that I've been diving, I've only met 2 other divers with your attitude. Most enjoy the sport and are willing to help other divers. Guess your mother never taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Maybe when you grow up, have a few more dives under your belt and come up north for some real diving (cold water & low vis), you're attitude would change. I'm sure someone up here would be more than happy to hold your hand so you wouldn't get hurt.

Is Blue Grotto so expensive because it's mostly cave diving??? Just wondering. I've never done cave diving & don't think I ever would. Closed spaces underwater freak me out!!!

I've been told by some frequent BG divers that the owner tried to sell the place for a couple million and only received some insultingly low bids. In response he raised the price because he figures if he can show an increased profit maybe he can get what he wants for the place. Unfortunately, I hear the only thing thats happened is that less people dive there now.

CTurtle:
Is Blue Grotto so expensive because it's mostly cave diving??? Just wondering. I've never done cave diving & don't think I ever would. Closed spaces underwater freak me out!!!

I don't personally consider BG as much more than a hole in the ground full of crystal clear water :D

I have made a few dives there, sure, it was neat to hit 98+_ 1 FFW. It was a nice way to get the salt off of my gear after a few saltwater dives that same weekend.

I did not care for the attitude of the owner (his SO or wife was okay) and I wasn''t real pleased about $18 nitrox fills. At that time it was about $30 entry.

Actually, DD is closer to a closed environment because of the swim throughs.. I had agreat time at DD. It was a bit run-down ( I know that they had been having financial probs at that time) but all in all it was much nicer and more enjoyable in my mind.

JMO...

CT
Its not realy a cave,but a sink or spring,
But It is a cool dive for as said the water is gin clear if you get to it early or prior to other divers/classes weekdays I have been to BG early and been the only divers,
but as said not cheap,
Brad

yuronlyone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Why are you a member here? Your attitude doesn't fit in with the rest of us. There has to be some "I'm a hard Florida diver" forum somewhere for you.

I'll go out on a limb here, both are boring after about 10 minutes. Something that you might consider is the Rainbow River. It's a nice 1.5 mile drift dive in about 10 to 20 feet of spring water. Lot's of turtles and a fish.

Something way cooler is to snorkel with the manatees in the Chrystal River. If you haven't done that (and it isn't too late because of warming water), that is a must.

Skip them both and go to Troy Spring. Devils Den is boring, IMO. BG is slighly more fun, but rediculously expensive, and I wont be going there any time soon. The price is now $38! And DO NOT get fills there, as last I checked Nitrox was $12 or $18!

I've done the Manatee snorkel dive combo and it was good. About an hour long snorkel with the manatees and then a 40 min dive in King Spring.

Also done Rainbow River and it's very clear and gentle. Great for taking pictures, getting bouyancy tuned... bubbling sand...

Troy Springs is on the list of places to see at somepoint... definitely!

Hey crpntr133 - sorry you got slimed. You'll notice that the rest of the Conchs and others who dive in FL springs have some pretty good feedback about DD and BG though!

Cheers

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom