Devil's Den or Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies...guess it'll be Devil's Den! Never dove the springs before, but hoping that we'll like it so much that we can make it a mom & son annual event.

Planning on diving Devil's Den of Friday & Ginnie on Saturday. Our travel days are Thursday & Sunday. Real quick trip down there, but it'll be much needed time off.
It was one of our Christmas presents & we were suppose to go with the local dive shop here, but found out yesterday that the trip was cancelled due to only us and one other person being signed up for the trip. So we're just gonna wing it on our own.

CTurtle:
Planning on diving Devil's Den of Friday & Ginnie on Saturday. Our travel days are Thursday & Sunday. Real quick trip down there, but it'll be much needed time off.
It was one of our Christmas presents & we were suppose to go with the local dive shop here, but found out yesterday that the trip was cancelled due to only us and one other person being signed up for the trip. So we're just gonna wing it on our own.

I hate it when that happens!!! I don't rely on the shop for a quick Fla trip. Not to mention the last shop trip I was on was less than enjoyable.
You will have a GREAT time! Do plan on doing a night dive in the Ginnie Cavern, there
are few divers, better vis, an excellent adventure!

Blue Grotto would be my choice, neat and more open to explore. Don't need cavern certificate to go into a huge cave. The deepest is 100 ft, I went all the way and it was neat! You will be able to see fossils as well. There is an air bell that you can go in and take off your regulator to talk to your buddy or whatever. Have fun!

scubanick:
i went to BG and no one told us about being overhead or cave cert. or about being with an intructor

MMMMM? I wonder when they changed that because they used the deep part for AOW and you had to be with a Inst, ect to hit the 95ish, and all others ahd to stay in the top area?
I will call and find out,
Brad

They want you to be AOW certified to go to the bottom. That being said IMHO the bottom is a cave. No visible light source or direct accent to the surface but.....seeing as there is only one way up if you have half a mind you should have no problem.

There are three important rules at Blue Grotto:

1. Stay off the bottom
2. Stay off the bottom.
3. Stay off the bottom.

Somehow someone misses the idea everytime.

yuronlyone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loose the attitude dude, no place on SB for it! Someone from Ky wants to visit
your fine state for some spring diving, whom better than some muck diving mid-west
divers that enjoy Fla diving trips every year. Maybe our cold low vis diving experience
gives us a better appreciation for some of your regular spots! I'm just glad I've never
had the experience of running into a poor attitude like yours on my otherwise throughly enjoyable trips to your state.

Kindest regards from a muck diver,

yuronlyone:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll forward this to Jeff Herman and let him revise your crappy attitude.

I would put a cold water/low vis diver up against a Florida only diver any day of the week. In fact, I would much rather dive with some that has that sort of experience. Of course I am surely biased, as I am originally from the PNW. And that's what I dove for my first 250+ dives.

And if you only have 16-50 dives, you don't have anywhere near enuff experience to even comment. period...

Gads, it is nice to have left Crestview last week if that was the type of divers I was going to have to deal with!

crpntr133:
DD is cheaper!!! I about crapped my wet suit when the guy said $31.

Don't forget to have your picture taken with the devil.

Considering Blue Grotto is about $40.00, yes DD is cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom