Destin Jetties dive pics 6/17/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are some shots from yesterday's dive. Many toadfish and spadefish. I didn't see the color on the anemone until I got home and looked at the picture. I'm trying to resize these in ps7 and am still learning so if they don't look right try again later - I'll resize later today (worked night shift and I'm going to bed :D ).

Looking good Yoda. I pretty much gave up taking fish pictures...they are to fast for my trigger finger.

justleesa:
Looking good Yoda. I pretty much gave up taking fish pictures...they are to fast for my trigger finger.
I don't think it's your finger - that shutter lag thing misses more great shots than I can count. Fish seem to blur easy too - I have not started using manual mode yet so may be I can get the shutter speed down some and have crisp pics of the fishies.

I don't think it's your finger - that shutter lag thing misses more great shots than I can count. Fish seem to blur easy too -
That about sums it up...I hate the lag time.
Then there are some times I have to push the button several times before I get the picture because the camera is having a hard time focusing.
Back to your pictures it looks like you are having success with the PS7, good for you:D

Shutter lag......what's shutter lag? :D :D :D :D

Nice pics too.

Looks great SeaYoda, your not helping my itch to get out there and dive those jeddies. Hows the vis with all this rain we've been having? I was a few hundred feet from the jeddies getting some measurements off of one of the nearby condo's on the 14th and vis still looked damned good. Its amazing what 1.5 hours of driving east will do for visibility, vis in Gulf Shores was absolute crap that same day!

If I can find a buddy, I'll probably head out there Saturday.

chippy:
Shutter lag......what's shutter lag? :D :D

Nice pics too.

pppfffbbbttt! Go ahead, rub it in! :D

Yoda...very nice photos. I really like the Toadfish. You don't often see even part of their bodies.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looks great SeaYoda, your not helping my itch to get out there and dive those jeddies. Hows the vis with all this rain we've been having? I was a few hundred feet from the jeddies getting some measurements off of one of the nearby condo's on the 14th and vis still looked damned good. Its amazing what 1.5 hours of driving east will do for visibility, vis in Gulf Shores was absolute crap that same day!

If I can find a buddy, I'll probably head out there Saturday.
Here's a shot I took for someone who asked about the viz - it was taken the same time as the other pictures. I would guestimate that viz was 35'. Not the best I've seen but pretty good.

Dee:
I really like the Toadfish. You don't often see even part of their bodies.
There were toad fish laying on rocks all over the place. I could hardly swim 10 feet without seeing one. Must have been a convention or something?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom