DEET? We don need no steenkin DEET....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've decided that the likely reason I ended up septic is because I've got two infections. I've got campylobacter Juni in my stool (food born). Between the two of them, my immune system took a beating.
Happy that we started levaquin without waiting for results.

Wow, you really were sick, where did you stay and what did you eat? Campylobacter jejuni is a very nasty food poisoning, the Campylobacters are in the same family as Cholera. The nickname for Dengue is "Breakbone Fever" because it is so terribly painful. Did your wife get sick too? I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

I think most of us get a little lazy and sporatic about bugspray use, and your story is a very good reminder of what can happen. Thank you and hope you have a quick recovery.

I feel your pain. Spent 5 days in the hospital in Cozumel with dengue, the bad kind. It took a long time to finally feel better. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wow, you really were sick, where did you stay and what did you eat? Campylobacter jejuni is a very nasty food poisoning, the Campylobacters are in the same family as Cholera. The nickname for Dengue is "Breakbone Fever" because it is so terribly painful. Did your wife get sick too? I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

We stayed at the Sabor, like usual. We ate there, and at several beach clubs and a couple places in town.

The joint pain is bad, but I thought the rigors from the 104+ fever peaks were worse. It felt like every muscle in my body was twitching. Hard. I couldn't pick up a mug with both hands.

Sue and Kim are fine, happily.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

We stayed at the Sabor, like usual. We ate there, and at several beach clubs and a couple places in town.

The joint pain is bad, but I thought the rigors from the 104+ fever peaks were worse. It felt like every muscle in my body was twitching. Hard. I couldn't pick up a mug with both hands.

Sue and Kim are fine, happily.

Glad you are doing well!

And to add insult to injury...
My Nitek Q leaked a few drops around the USB plug. I did what I could at the time, but I bet it'll have to go in for service.

I've got campylobacter Juni in my stool (food born). .

The wife got that one trip. It cleared up with some antibiotics.

I got the amoebas in July last year. Didn't realize what was going on until September, so I bought some amoebae-cide then. Waited till I came home to take it as I wasn't supposed to drink while taking it.... :)

I am really trying to avoid the dengue. And the new one chikungunya. Maybe they will get that dengue vaccine working soon. I hear maybe next year.

Thanks for the heads up, and glad you're recovering. Some of these tropical diseases with no known effective vaccination or quick fix cure are scary to think about.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom