Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the keys they pretty much offer two prices on dive trips. Prices with and without tanks.

I've found in the keys that it's worth it to just use their tanks. You might save $3/day by taking your own, but them you've got to lugg them to the boat, off the boat, to the shop for fills, then in/out of your car several times. it's just much eaiser to show up at the boat and they've already got the tanks filled and loaded on the boat.

I have used this dive shop and liked it. They charge 50.00(2 tank dive) when you furnish your own tanks and weights. They charge 24.00 per day extra to furnish tanks and weights. Andy and I ran into this last summer at the Keys. We decided next time we would bring our own tanks and weights. They do have a special rate for 3 or more dives for 69.00 where they furnish tanks and weights. I have been looking today and hotels are charging extra during the Memorial Day Weekend....around 200.00 per night..still not bad if 4 can stay in one room?? This shop partners with Ocean Points Condos..you can get a 2br sleeps 6 for 234.00 per night during Memorial Weekend. It just depends on who is going...speak up ladies...I need someone to share a room with!!
http://www.floridakeysdivectr.com/rates.htm

denisegg:
This shop partners with Ocean Points Condos..you can get a 2br sleeps 6 for 234.00 per night during Memorial Weekend.
http://www.floridakeysdivectr.com/rates.htm

Did you stay at Ocean Points Condos when you were there? I am guessing that if it sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, then 2 get the sofa bed. My son and I'll take one bedroom if no one else speaks up. Is there a minimum nights stay?

Howard

My daughter and I will happily bunk with anyone unless the snore.Im almost willing to bet that Denise does. Place your bet

philmottrek99and02:
Did you stay at Ocean Points Condos when you were there? I am guessing that if it sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, then 2 get the sofa bed. My son and I'll take one bedroom if no one else speaks up. Is there a minimum nights stay?

Howard

Send a PM to DiverAL. He stayed at Ocen Points condo's last time there. (He's in SEAS, but I don't think you've met him. He liked it and said it was nice.
I think they've got 1BR and 2BR choices there.

BRANDY:
My daughter and I will happily bunk with anyone unless the snore.Im almost willing to bet that Denise does. Place your bet

Not even going there!

BRANDY:

Hmmmmmmmm...there are so many ways I could respond to this*........yea ya'll start picking on me when I go to lunch and I'm not here to defend myself!! Just for that Brandy, you and Andy get the couch and your daughter and I get the bed!!

*(but I must be good...must be good)

So, which shop is it going to be, Horizon or Florida Keys Dive Center? Sounds to me like Horizon is cheaper, and so is the ramada.

Hadnt seen this thread yet so havent had a chance to comment. A friend and I made our own trip to the Keys last August, and still got a great deal. We went with Bluewater (or BlueClear.. or something like that... its on the board alot). Dove whever we wanted, with just the two of us, for I think $60 for a two tank trip. We looked around and this was by far the best we could ask for down there. They were great with taking care of us, took us where we wanted, and were great people to be around. We stayed at a resort that was actually in the same Marina as the Boat (Marina Del Mar if memory serves). It was only around $110 a night. It was actually a fairly nice resort too. The Boat and the Resort have an agreement with each other (unknown to us until we got there), so its quite possible you might be able to get a smokin deal if you plan it right. I would really toss that out there as a sugestion though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom