Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to commit at this point, but it's going to depend on how I get down there. I would probably opt to fly down to miami or ft. lauderdale but i'd be interested in knowing if anyone else is flying in and maybe meeting up and splitting car rental.

DawgDiver:
I would love to commit at this point, but it's going to depend on how I get down there. I would probably opt to fly down to miami or ft. lauderdale but i'd be interested in knowing if anyone else is flying in and maybe meeting up and splitting car rental.

What part of the world are you coming from?

philmottrek99and02:
What part of the world are you coming from?

Just outside of Atlanta.

I would probably drive if I had a dependable truck. Note, "dependable" truck. It's got almost 200k on it, even with a newer motor that has under 100k, but last time I drove to panama city, it blew the radiator on the way back hom. I just don't want to test it in a marathon down to the keys.

seadoggirl:
Denise, I'm IN! You've always got a roomie in me. I just need to know when. I'm schedule for Belize - March 17 and Blackbeards December 22. I'd love to go anywhere anytime with all of you. Just let me know the time and place, I'm in. I'll probably fly in, because I travel like crazy and it's easier. Let me know. I'm in Corpus right now and bored out of my MIND! Navy jets keep flying over my head. That's the only cool part. Miss ya!

It's great to have you aboard!! Finally, another Lady Diver. I was beginning to think that I was the only female willing to go off with this bunch...I'm daring and all but come on....the sleeping arrangements were getting ridiculous!! That gives us 3 females including Brandy's daughter so now we can split a hotel room with no problem. So we can go with hotel rooms instead of the condo if that is what everyone wants to do. If there are nine going, we would need 3 rooms with 3 people in each room.

philmottrek99and02:
Mat are you in?

So Far we have
Donna,
Denise
Howard
Stuart (son of Howard)
Mat (son of .....)
Andy (son of Denise)
Brandy (plus 1?)

I don't take maybes on this list.

Howard, are you and Stuart still planning on flying? Donna is planning on flying. Me, Andy, Brandy and his daughter are planning on riding together. Mat and DawgDiver, if you two want to ride with us you can. We can all split gas costs. My navigator holds six comfortably and I have a trailor equipped with racks to hold 12 tanks and all of our gear. DawgDiver, I live 5 hours from Atlanta if you want to drive that far and meet up with us. We are planning on leaving out Friday morning and probably diving Saturday and Sunday and then coming back Monday. Does that sound about right Brandy?

utdivermatt:
mike_s.... you thinking of going?

I dunno. We usually go to Destin for a week in May. Then I think I'm going to do a Liveaboard in July to the Keys.

I'll have to check to see if this is an option maybe instead of Destin or the other trip....
We also have to determine what to do with the little one during that time. We were going to take him to Destin, but going with him to the Keys is a much further trip to drive him and hard to fly him. That and we just can't kenel him at the vet like the cat.

I'd sure like to go, but, Only have so much $$$ and so much vacation.

If we did go, we could put 4 in the VW and 3 in Howards truck bumper pusing it all the way to the Keys.

Now... back to the other subject.... Tell us more about the frozen drinks?

denisegg:
Howard, are you and Stuart still planning on flying? Donna is planning on flying. Me, Andy, Brandy and his daughter are planning on riding together. Mat and DawgDiver, if you two want to ride with us you can. We can all split gas costs. My navigator holds six comfortably and I have a trailor equipped with racks to hold 12 tanks and all of our gear. DawgDiver, I live 5 hours from Atlanta if you want to drive that far and meet up with us. We are planning on leaving out Friday morning and probably diving Saturday and Sunday and then coming back Monday. Does that sound about right Brandy?

Hmmm I might have to take you up on that. I think i could get that many miles out of the ol' POS! Now to make sure I have the funds....

At this point I'm curious to know what your plans are when you get to the keys? There have been so many posts in this thread that I'm not going to waste an hour reading them , to get to the end and there be no dive plan. =P

Possible to start a new thread with a WHAT will happen once everyone is there? Since the WHEN has been established...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom