Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philmottrek99and02:
Thank you. Today was not a very flexible research day for me! Tomorrow is not looking much better.

I know what you mean..I am going to be on lockdown tomorrow!!

denisegg:
I know what you mean..I am going to be on lockdown tomorrow!!

Ooooohhhh. Have you been bad? I know you got to work to pay the diving habit! Now that you know how much it is gonna cost ya, you got to do some work. OK we will talk about you during lock-down. I bet you get a lunch break,

I have been so bad I am in danger of being fired and I work for myself.:D

Well, I for one would love to go, if I can get the time off (which I wont know until early May). Philmottrek... I dont think we have met, but I work at Space Camp over the summer, so I will be hanging out in your neck of the woods for the summer. Anyways, I would be happy to catch a ride with someone if they want a college kid that loves driving along ;-).

utdivermatt:
Well, I for one would love to go, if I can get the time off (which I wont know until early May). Philmottrek... I dont think we have met, but I work at Space Camp over the summer, so I will be hanging out in your neck of the woods for the summer. Anyways, I would be happy to catch a ride with someone if they want a college kid that loves driving along ;-).

Hey no problem. We can probably work something out.

Okay Folks Listen Up!!
Key Largo Diving
May 26th and 27th Reef Diving, Wreck Diving and Night Diving Available for both OW and AOW
Booking rooms for 3 nights May 25th-May 27th.

We need a head count so we will know how many rooms to book.

We are staying at the Ocean Pointe Suites in Key Largo. A 2 br/2bth suite with kitchen sleeps 6 for 239.00 per night. I have already booked one suite but we have 7 definites so we need to know if someone else wants to go so we'll know whether or not to book another room. The hotels are going for around 200.00 per night on Memorial Day Weekend so this is a very good deal when you take the total cost per room for three nights and divide it by 6=$133.00 total lodging cost for 3 nights per person (with 6 in a room)

The diving will cost $60.00 per boat dive with two boats going out am and pm to accomodate OW and AOW. We can get with them on the details about who wants to dive what closer to the time to go. (This is the discount for a group of 9 divers)

You can chime in later and still go with us and get the group discount for diving but you will be on your own finding lodging.

So far our definites are:
Howard
Stuart
Denise
Andy
Brandy
Kayla
Donna

I just caught up on this thread since I haven't checked it since, like, page four or something... Tangent much? :p

I'm 90% in :D

I'll be diving/driving two days on the way in, diving with you guys on 26th and 27th as long as I'm promised both reefs and wrecks, and diving/driving two days on the way home.

Probably leave on 24th, drive to Manatee for a set of dives, maybe drive a bit more(?), camp, drive on the 25th(possibly dive?) and camp just outside of the Keys or maybe Pennecamp or whatever in the Keys. Meet up with you guys on the 26th for a boat trip. Stay at Best Western for free in Homestead(25miles from Key West). Dive on the 27th and stay somewhere, don't really care where as long as its cheap and has a bed. Depart on AM 28th and start heading north to dive either Venice for teeth or somewhere on the Atlantic coast for shore divable reefs, then camp. Drive home on 29th and sleep in my own bed.

Work on the 30th :(

All in all, costs should be $700ish, and probably cut down quite a bit since I'll more than likely be splitting camping, gas, room fees if I can get one of my local buddies off his ***.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I just caught up on this thread since I haven't checked it since, like, page four or something... Tangent much? :p

I'll be diving/driving two days on the way in, diving with you guys on 26th and 27th as long as I'm promised both reefs and wrecks, and diving/driving two days on the way home.

Probably leave on 24th, drive to Manatee for a set of dives, maybe drive a bit more(?), camp, drive on the 25th(possibly dive?) and camp just outside of the Keys or maybe Pennecamp or whatever in the Keys. Meet up with you guys on the 26th for a boat trip. Stay at Best Western for free in Homestead(25miles from Key West). Dive on the 27th and stay somewhere, don't really care where as long as its cheap and has a bed. Depart on AM 28th and start heading north to dive either Venice for teeth or somewhere on the Atlantic coast for shore divable reefs, then camp. Drive home on 29th and sleep in my own bed.

Work on the 30th :(

All in all, costs should be $700ish, and probably cut down quite a bit since I'll more than likely be splitting camping, gas, room fees if I can get one of my local buddies off his ***.
Glad to see your gonna make it. were going to have a blast and from the BOY TOY statements ive heard thrown around since ive been on the board, you may have a good time tooo.................

SuPrBuGmAn:

I'll be diving/driving two days on the way in, diving with you guys on 26th and 27th as long as I'm promised both reefs and wrecks, and diving/driving two days on the way home..

Well, if you and your buddy come that makes 9 and we are promised reefs and wrecks on both days for $60.00 each with 9 divers. I know she said we would do the Spiegel Grove on Sunday morning. We will count you in for the diving but not the lodging. Thanks Mat.

Back
Top Bottom