Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starting to look like Manatee/Catfish on day one, Venice Beach for teefs on day two, Keys on day three, Keys on day four, and shore divable reefs on day five.

I believe I'll get my money's worth.

utdivermatt:
Well, I for one would love to go, if I can get the time off (which I wont know until early May). Philmottrek... I dont think we have met, but I work at Space Camp over the summer, so I will be hanging out in your neck of the woods for the summer. Anyways, I would be happy to catch a ride with someone if they want a college kid that loves driving along ;-).

Can you get us into the training tank for a dive?

philmottrek99and02:
Can you get us into the training tank for a dive?

I know one of the dive instructors there for the tank if you want to go dive the tank.

They actually have a volunteer program where you can dive there all the time.

I have attached the information that Ocean Divers sent me regarding their dive facilities, rates and dive locations.

Attachments

• _1_Dear_Dive_Travel_Coor_2[1].doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 57
  • _2_Group_Rate_and_Terms[1].doc
    21 KB · Views: 66
  • Key_Largo_Diving_Areas[1].doc
    30 KB · Views: 53
denisegg:
I have attached the information that Ocean Divers sent me regarding their dive facilities, rates and dive locations.

Denise, Thanks for the information. Now, I just got to find more roomies! Come on, speak up, don't be shy!

As for the UAT... since I am not around but during the summer, I doubt I could get anyone in it. As mike said, they have a volunteer group thats gets together and helps clean it as well as helps out with discover scuba classes for the kids. If you really want in it thats the way to go. Its alot of fun to be in it, and the stuff they have set up in there is great to play with. Ive gone in a couple of times after work, and a few times while off during the day. Its nothing amazing, but it is definately an experiance.

utdivermatt:
As for the UAT... since I am not around but during the summer, I doubt I could get anyone in it. As mike said, they have a volunteer group thats gets together and helps clean it as well as helps out with discover scuba classes for the kids. If you really want in it thats the way to go. Its alot of fun to be in it, and the stuff they have set up in there is great to play with. Ive gone in a couple of times after work, and a few times while off during the day. Its nothing amazing, but it is definately an experiance.

It's neat to do once or twice but not a hole that I'd want to dive more than that.

You can only see so much in a tank that is 20' wide and 20' deep.

Anyway, for a bunch of space camp kids that have never dove before, this has got ot be a cool experience. For anyone who did their pool sessions for their open water checkouts, it's kinda like diving in that pool but only 20' wide. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just not exciting for multiple return trips.

I have to say the most fun was messing with the museum visitors looking through the porthole windows. :) (though that's supposed to be a no-no).

What would be really cool is they still had the NBS open in bldg 4705. It was 1.3millin gallons. But they drained it years ago and all that work now is done in Houston.

Or can we just get howard a smaller room? I thought Dawg was in?

BRANDY:
Or can we just get howard a smaller room? I thought Dawg was in?

The best value is the 6 person/2 bedroom. I need either 3 or 4 additional for the 2 bedroom. For the 1 bedroom sleeps 4 take away 2 from the above number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom