Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRANDY:
Or can we just get howard a smaller room? I thought Dawg was in?

I'm thinking about trying to find a place to camp. Would save me a bit of money, and I don't mind roughing it as long as it's reasonably safe.

When is the "we gotta know today" deadline...I'm trying to set up IDC in Vero Beach anyway, might as well tie it all together.

Howard is trying to decide whether to book another 2 br condo at Ocean Suites this week. We already have one booked with 5 people in it. Him and his son need someone else to go in with him. The only problem is availability....if we wait much longer, there may not be any rooms left, especially since it is Memorial Day weekend. The dive shop said we just need to get them our list of divers and their certification level and what dives we want to do a few weeks in advance so that won't be a problem for those of you who are camping or getting your own reservations, but if you want to go in with us on accomodations, we need to know asap.

DawgDiver:
I'm thinking about trying to find a place to camp. Would save me a bit of money, and I don't mind roughing it as long as it's reasonably safe.

campgrounds aren't really cheap in the keys.

Unless you get several folks to split the cost of the campground site, I'm betting one person in a campsite wouldn't be that much cheaper than a 1/6th share of a condo. Just something to think about.

I tend to agree with you Mike. The price per day inc tax with 6 people sharing a 2br/2bath condo with fully equipped kitchen is $44.44 per day.

I missed the part of the thread where it came out to $133 a person. I'm pretty sure I can swing that. If there's enough people that we can split it up like that, i'm down with it.

grr... so close to commiting.... especially if i can cath a ride.... um... maybe tonight i will know for sure

Great!! There is already 2 with Howard and his son, so if the two of you can make it you will only need two more to get it for that price. Mat, you and your buddy ought to think about staying in the condo on this three days of your trip.

utdivermatt:
grr... so close to commiting.... especially if i can cath a ride.... um... maybe tonight i will know for sure

You coming through ATL?

I know you Georgia and Alabama boys like to camp but at 40 a night you cant beat it. Plus in may/june its gonna be hot in the keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom