Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and no love...

Excursion never shows up as an available bluetooth device in Subsurface or in the bluetooth devices of Win10.

Got it to work on a Windows11 laptop!
Awesome and interesting... I know there's always been issues with PC and the bt (for most people).

I've always had better luck with android, but that was only with the Perdix.. I don't own anything else.

I'm sure it is a BT (hardware/driver) issue with th PC.... The one that isn't working is some off-brand PC, and the working one is a Microsoft Surface...

I'm sure it is a BT (hardware/driver) issue with th PC.... The one that isn't working is some off-brand PC, and the working one is a Microsoft Surface...

I'm hoping to try mine in a little bit on my work PC that runs win 10.. I didn't try it on my win 7 PC @ home, I'm not sure which bt is in the Excursion? I know the Perdix won't work with anything older than win 10 as it has bt lte.

My work PC has been flawless with syncing the perdix, so we'll see. I think it's harder to use than a phone though. My phone just works every time.

Sorry, newb to Dive PC to laptop interfacing.....are you guys downloading Subsurface as an app to connect to the Excursion via bluetooth?

edit: my laptop is trying to connect to the Excusion but the bluetooth {BT} app is asking for a PIN #. i tried "0000" but that did not work :p

Sorry, newb to Dive PC to laptop interfacing.....are you guys downloading Subsurface as an app to connect to the Excursion via bluetooth?

edit: my laptop is trying to connect to the Excusion but the bluetooth {BT} app is asking for a PIN #. i tried "0000" but that did not work :p

As per @tursiops its "123456".

I think it's in the manual also.

As per @tursiops its "123456".

I think it's in the manual also.
I've never found the PIN in any manual.
I discovered it by trial-and-error....using first 0000 then 1234 then 000000 then 123456.
Not bad, just four tries!

I've never found the PIN in any manual.
I discovered it by trial-and-error....using first 0000 then 1234 then 000000 then 123456.
Not bad, just four tries!

I thought maybe it was on their website then? I'm not sure. I had to use it to get my phone to sync with Subsurface.

No bad at all!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom