Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know how it goes. I was not able to get mine to download on either the Mac desktop version or iOS app.
I have always had issues between PC and dive computer (I know it's not the same). I stick with the phone and that's been pretty flawless. I'll be able to give it a shot around 5pm or so.

So you tried the new release with the Excursion? Interesting...

I have always had issues between PC and dive computer (I know it's not the same). I stick with the phone and that's been pretty flawless. I'll be able to give it a shot around 5pm or so.

So you tried the new release with the Excursion? Interesting...
👌
Has anyone heard anything on the release of the new firmware for the computer?

I think you have to select "choose bluetooth download mode" and then click on "show all BT devices" and select the one that is "EXCURSION" from the list to get it to connect to it when it's in sync mode.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 5.04.41 PM.png

Prior to the official support being in subsurface I was able to download logs from the Excursion into Subsurface by building it from source with the updated upstream libdivecomputer library that had support for it - and that's how I had to do it then.

Try doing that and see how it works. I don't know how to do it in Android or iOS.

I think you have to select "choose bluetooth download mode" and then click on "show all BT devices" and select the one that is "EXCURSION" from the list to get it to connect to it when it's in sync mode.
That works for OS X. Thanks! A glorious graphic dive history begins.

Using 64-bit Win11. BT is paired (used PIN 123456).
Cannot download any data. Fails with msg "dive data import error."

Using 64-bit Win11. BT is paired (used PIN 123456).
Cannot download any data. Fails with msg "dive data import error."
Android version is still 5.0.6.

My android phone had an update for Subsurface. I had a lot of issues trying to get the app to "see" the Excursion. I had to go into settings and temporarily show all bt devices. I then went back and forth between dive story and Subsurface app trying to connect and it finally showed up in the list. I was able to then download dives.

Whole process probably took 15 minutes. I "hope" that now that it's made the handshake I don't have to go through all that again.

Screenshot_20220329-174710_Subsurface-mobile.jpg
Screenshot_20220329-174258_Subsurface-mobile.jpg
Screenshot_20220329-174238_Subsurface-mobile.jpg

I just redid it all again and I used @tursiops "123456" and manually entered the Excursion to pair with my phone. I still have to enable the temporarily display all bt devices in the advanced menu but it worked.. and now that it's a remembered device in my phone it's easier (thanks @tursiops!).

This time around was maybe 4 min from both devices being power cycled and the Subsurface app computer devices being forgotten.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the list.. maybe @dirkhh can take a look when he finds time. I'm super happy we've made it this far though!!!!

Screenshot_20220329-180118_Settings.jpg

It took some tries but I was able to get it connected on an iPhone. To do that I had to connect to DiveStory and kept that connection while I switched over to subsurface. No luck yet on the desktop. Now how do I set one dive computer to always be the #1 computer in subsurface?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom