Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The interesting thing to this thread is that Deep6 really has a very limited presence here, so the questions and comments are basically just here for SB "entertainment". If you were hoping for some form of an answer, I'd suggest you go to the source you got the information from - FB.

Outside of that, it is just "wack-a-mole" happening here...
Are you absolutely sure that I asked this question just for the sake of entertainment?

Are you absolutely sure that I asked this question just for the sake of entertainment?

Obviously not, but it is my the observation that with Deep6 not monitoring this, asking them questions here is basically pointless, and then leads to the behavior we see...

Some of the issues/concerns/comments were already being implemented. However, some new ideas have been brought forth and have been incorporated in the design. Landon is listening. Basically this is a rewrite of the code which is a non-trivial task. I've been involved with UI/feature discussions early on, but no actual code writing. The guy doing that work has been an absolute machine. However, validation is non-trivial, as I said, this is essentially a rewrite and a massive feature improvement. Do to a number of understandable/justifiable reasons, none of us should expect Deep 6 to be in active discussions here. While I have cut back on my internet dives by disabling my FB account, I hope to get back into the water next week and test the latest checked-in firmware next to my Shearwater with matching settings.

As a firmware engineer, the timeframe this is taking is what I expected.

Obviously not, but it is my the observation that with Deep6 not monitoring this, asking them questions here is basically pointless, and then leads to the behavior we see...
This is true, but the reason I chose to ask my question in THIS thread was because I saw that there WAS some interaction from Deep 6.

This is true, but the reason I chose to ask my question in THIS thread was because I saw that there WAS some interaction from Deep 6.

Do to a number of understandable/justifiable reasons, none of us should expect Deep 6 to be in active discussions here.

I'd rather see them working on coding the firmware then participating on SB discussions about what is to come. We already know what to expect by what has been listed by them previously. It's running late. These things happen and since were talking about dive computer software, it needs to be something rock solid. It's not like drivers for your computer that may glitch here or there, no worries there's an update on the way. Having the dive computer go tango uniform mid-dive is mucho no bueno.

You can ask any question about any scuba equipment.
Nothing wrong with that.
How it is being received is another story.
I believe similar question had been raised on SW.

Key Concept: ScubaBoard is a friendly forum
based on mutual respect

I'd rather see them working on coding the firmware then participating on SB discussions about what is to come. We already know what to expect by what has been listed by them previously. It's running late. These things happen and since were talking about dive computer software, it needs to be something rock solid. It's not like drivers for your computer that may glitch here or there, no worries there's an update on the way. Having the dive computer go tango uniform mid-dive is mucho no bueno.
I don't want @LandonL coding! LOL

I don't want @LandonL coding! LOL
Lol. Yes, I am a very slow coder. I don't do this as a daily job, Kosta would be light years faster. Luckily I have help that is far more skilled than I, with decades of experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom