Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using 64-bit Win11. BT is paired (used PIN 123456).
Cannot download any data. Fails with msg "dive data import error."
Added: This was Win10 not 11. All OK now, not sure what changed.

somehow it now works on my "problem child" Win10 computer too.... :bounce:

I just downloaded all 150 dives to my Win10 64-bit PC. Nice.
Now to get my Galaxy S10 working....

About how long did that take?

Interesting, however, it locked up in download mode, and I had to power it down to unfreeze it.
Mine did the same. The app apparently doesn't close the connection correctly.

I have had the Subsurface app force close itself twice now while connected to the Excursion.

I was unbale to get it to work on my windows 11 laptop, but after some messing around with the bluetooth got it to sync with my old thinkpad running windows 10. For some reason my iPhone doesn't "see" it even when in sync mode, but divestory app can connect to it no problem. With the subsurface cloud feature this isn't much of a problem because you can just sync on the laptop and then push it to the cloud.

I just picked the computer up over the weekend based on the opinions here on scuba board. Seems like a cool computer and it's awesome to find one with an active dev community!

I just picked the computer up over the weekend based on the opinions here on scuba board. Seems like a cool computer and it's awesome to find one with an active dev community!
and the anticipated firmware update will be yet another great improvement!

and the anticipated firmware update will be yet another great improvement!
That was what sealed the deal for me, I wanted my first computer to be able to serve as my backup in the future, no matter what variety of diving I end up doing. I've just recently gotten certified and if I'm still diving and enjoying myself after a year I'll spring for a perdix and a transmitter. Almost picked up a secondhand D5 or Eon with transmitter (found both of them for under 500 USD locally) but didn't want to be stuck in their ecosystem/algorithm. I know the Eon has been updated to give an option for ZHL-16C, however no custom GF, just 3 presets, and also lacks gas switching.

Back
Top Bottom