Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these things take time.... validation is one nasty thing to undertake...

I have family that made a career on it for the medical field....

Is the preferred program to use on a laptop...Subsurface? Or?

Your decision. Pros and Cons to the programs. Nice to have Subsurface be an option.
In my case, I have not been able to access the Excursion except with DiveStory (only on my phone) or Subsurface (only on my desktop PC/Win10).

I've been using Diving Log 6 on the PC. Works great with both the Excursion and its sister computer the Genesis Centauri. Having used both go with the Excursion. I also use Dive Log on the iPhone and it works with both.

At a minimum you'll need to use Dive Story (the Crest app) in order to do any firmware updates. It's very minimal in function but for the sake of simply logging a dive to see your time and depth profile, it works.

To the dev team: any updated expected release date on the new firmwares? I’m aware this sort of thing takes time and QA & validation is extremely important.
However the two new firmwares were slated for Dec/Jan releases and I can’t find any new release date.
Would you be so kind as to furnish us a new expected delivery date so we can continue to drool. ? Many thanks 🙏🏻

the two new firmwares were slated for Dec/Jan releases
That is kind of overstating the actual statements....

I understand some "final" test dives were done this last weekend.

That is kind of overstating the actual statements....

I understand some "final" test dives were done this last weekend.
I don’t think that is a fair and I don’t think that it was an over statement. Like many others I am excited about the update. I get these things take time. I have a way functional computer that does everything it was promised to do when I bought it. No, zero complaints from me.
But here is what was posted as to the time line for release of these updates. I get it got pushed back, reasons are not important, that’s what was needed but for someone to have an impression of a timeline is reasonable.
0CABEF84-EA28-4837-9CB9-DF4C52614FB0.png

The interesting thing to this thread is that Deep6 really has a very limited presence here, so the questions and comments are basically just here for SB "entertainment". If you were hoping for some form of an answer, I'd suggest you go to the source you got the information from - FB.

Outside of that, it is just "wack-a-mole" happening here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom