Deep 6 Eddy Fins - from Mares Avanti Quattro+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was not until I used the Go-Sports back to back with the Eddy Fins on the same dives and on the same day that I came to my conclusion that the SP Go-Sports are on par with the Eddy Fin for all kicks and all maneuvering. Plus there is a 1.5 pounds reduction in weight for travel with the Go-Sport.
Is that difference attributable to Eddys having spring straps, and Go-Sport having rubber straps?

Another question; I only recently heard of Scuba Pro Go-Sports, and I thought I remembered reading 'Go-Sport Travel,' so I thought maybe there was a Go-Sport and a separate Go-Sport Travel. I went to their website, under Gear then Fins, and no, that's not quite right.

There is the Scuba Pro Go-Sport ($159), and then there is the Scuba Pro Go Travel fin ($99). Just to confirm, which were you using?

Is that difference attributable to Eddys having spring straps, and Go-Sport having rubber straps?

Another question; I only recently heard of Scuba Pro Go-Sports, and I thought I remembered reading 'Go-Sport Travel,' so I thought maybe there was a Go-Sport and a separate Go-Sport Travel. I went to their website, under Gear then Fins, and no, that's not quite right.

There is the Scuba Pro Go-Sport ($159), and then there is the Scuba Pro Go Travel fin ($99). Just to confirm, which were you using?
I have not weighed the difference between the straps themselves but certainly that is part of the difference but not all of it. The Go Sports I am using are not the Travel version which are meant to be used without boots. Mine have foot pockets designed for boots and fit similar to the Eddy Fin. The Go-Sports are more buoyant than the Eddy, the Go-Sports are slightly positive and the Eddy Fins seem to be about neutral, both in size Large. The Eddy has a spring strap, the Go-Sport has a bungee strap, certainly the spring is more heavy duty as is the entire fin, thus the weight delta. I also like the comfortable open toe of the Go-Sport.

The Go-Sports are going to Cozumel with me and my wife will be sporting hers as well. The Eddy Fins will be staying home to make room for another regulator I want to play with. Quattros and Eddys are out of rotation for this trip.

As popular as the Go-Sports seem to be, shops I speak to seem to sell them as fast as they come in, I am sure strap options will come up. There is a screw set from McMaster to replace the plastic pin as an upgrade. I may do that at some point in time. I am quite satisfied with the bungee, it is comfortable and works well.

McMaster-Carr

I have no experience with the Go-Travel fin by Scubapro.

James

I think it's just an inside joke.
They are fins up to the point when you put your limb into them, at which point they become your flippers.

Orange fins at 20 cloudy metres parading around outside a piece of hull with two large grouper inside

full

In perfect trim

But then the Seawing seem to have an opaquish iridescence about them

full

full

Unlike the Eddy whose colour seems more solid

Update! Bought the Eddys earlier this year. I was previously using Mares Avanti Quattro + and loved it, but found it a bit awkward to do frogkicks.
For me, the Eddys helped a little bit with my buoyancy as I am quite negative even without weights. It's also lighter and shorter than Quattro+ (good for travel). Foot pocket is quite noticeably wider than Quattro+ (something to consider if you have skinny feet/boots).
One thing I miss about the Quattro+ is the power; definitely less effort to kick in current with the Quattro+.
Overall, happy with the Eddys and the quality is really good!

Update! Bought the Eddys earlier this year. I was previously using Mares Avanti Quattro + and loved it, but found it a bit awkward to do frogkicks.
For me, the Eddys helped a little bit with my buoyancy as I am quite negative even without weights. It's also lighter and shorter than Quattro+ (good for travel). Foot pocket is quite noticeably wider than Quattro+ (something to consider if you have skinny feet/boots).
One thing I miss about the Quattro+ is the power; definitely less effort to kick in current with the Quattro+.
Overall, happy with the Eddys and the quality is really good!
I know it's an old post, but how brown are they at depth? The RK3s get pretty dull.

I’m not sure if this will help, pics are not that great. My wife seldom gets me in shots. 😜

Attachments

• 62EEB40A-23E2-4B9A-A251-15D3D5D6B875.jpeg
    62EEB40A-23E2-4B9A-A251-15D3D5D6B875.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 77
  • B029411A-7942-4E32-A927-4E3AF1E10C6D.jpeg
    B029411A-7942-4E32-A927-4E3AF1E10C6D.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 258B06A9-95A9-47B6-AA0B-75CE6AC60188.jpeg
    258B06A9-95A9-47B6-AA0B-75CE6AC60188.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 78
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back