Deco cylinders O2 over pressurized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not about going for the distance, its about incrementally learning the cave. I've only done jumps in Peacock.... I don't dive Ginnie enough to do any jumps.

Peacock, I could easily get 3 on thirds when I was diving wet. Jump to Nicholson, do the tee at the Cisteen line, and another at Cisteen proper, continue until you hit your turn pressure. If you are amazing on gas you could make the Crypt I once made it to the room right before that on a set of LP85s.

Peacock, I could easily get 3 on thirds when I was diving wet. Jump to Nicholson, do the tee at the Cisteen line, and another at Cisteen proper, continue until you hit your turn pressure. If you are amazing on gas you could make the Crypt I once made it to the room right before that on a set of LP85s.
hahaha you are probably the reason NAUI dropped the jumps down to 1 :rofl3::rofl3:

Neglected, cheap, unbalanced regs breath different at depth...
AKA most rental regs, which someone taking an aow class might be using
Why would an unbalanced reg breath different at depth?

hahaha you are probably the reason NAUI dropped the jumps down to 1 :rofl3::rofl3:

@kensuf probably could answer it better for you, but I get the impression that instructors wanted to shorten the leash a bit. NSS-CDS did similar changes, with their new certification set the limits got tightened up. But the dive I described was after I finished full cave.

@kensuf probably could answer it better for you, but I get the impression that instructors wanted to shorten the leash a bit. NSS-CDS did similar changes, with their new certification set the limits got tightened up. But the dive I described was after I finished full cave.
I take everything slow, I was at cavern for 3 years... I've been Cave1 for :O going on 7 years hope to get this whole tec-40/45 thing out of the way by May of 2022 so I can possibly finish cave 2 by the end of the year. My biggest issue with Jumps is knowing the person I'm diving with and a large percentage of my dive buddies have not been consistent with the cave dives I have done.

Does that mean when I finish Tec-40 I can then start doing deco dives under the Tec-40 guidelines? (no more than 10 minutes on 50%) and is there still a 100' max bottom depth?
40 m / 130 ft (not 100 ft) is the max bottom depth of the Tec 40 certification. (I assume PADI, right?)

As far as guidelines, Tec 40 teaches EAN for conservatism, not for accelerating deco. At GF 55/70, you'll get 15 minutes before ascent from 130 ft for a 10 minute deco obligation (on air). If you use 50% -- but keep the same deco schedule -- you will exit with a GF loading of about 58% (as opposed to the target 70%). That's the "within guidelines" plan.

Yes, this is a bit confusing when using a computer for guidance (which accelerates deco with richer mixes). To comply with Tec40 guidelines -- conservatism, not acceleration -- you could increase computer conservatism by lowering its GF setting to give the same 10 minute deco time. For simplicity, you can set GFLow based on the original ratio between it and GFHigh. In other words, set the GF to 46/58 instead of 55/70. This gives a 10 minute deco schedule when on EAN50.

OTOH, there are no scuba police. If you want to accelerate things, that's your call. At these runtimes, though, you don't typically save much. In this case, you only save three minutes by accelerating and exiting at the target GF of 70.

40 m / 130 ft (not 100 ft) is the max bottom depth of the Tec 40 certification. (I assume PADI, right?)

As far as guidelines, Tec 40 teaches EAN for conservatism, not for accelerating deco. At GF 55/70, you'll get 15 minutes before ascent from 130 ft for a 10 minute deco obligation (on air). If you use 50% -- but keep the same deco schedule -- you will exit with a GF loading of about 58% (as opposed to the target 70%). That's the "within guidelines" plan.

Yes, this is a bit confusing when using a computer for guidance (which accelerates deco with richer mixes). To comply with Tec40 guidelines -- conservatism, not acceleration -- you could increase computer conservatism by lowering its GF setting to give the same 10 minute deco time. For simplicity, you can set GFLow based on the original ratio between it and GFHigh. In other words, set the GF to 46/58 instead of 55/70. This gives a 10 minute deco schedule when on EAN50.

OTOH, there are no scuba police. If you want to accelerate things, that's your call. At these runtimes, though, you don't typically save much. In this case, you only save three minutes by accelerating and exiting at the target GF of 70.
That was meant for Ken.. and was a NAUI cave1 question... because there is a 100' depth max on that cert.

Who says my computer can do gradient factors?

NO SCUBA POLICE.. you mean I didn't need to take any of those classes... gee now I'm feeling stupid.

Sorry... you jumped in with assumptions so I threw one back at you :nyah:

That was meant for Ken.. and was a NAUI cave1 question... because there is a 100' depth max on that cert.

Who says my computer can do gradient factors?

NO SCUBA POLICE.. you mean I didn't need to take any of those classes... gee now I'm feeling stupid.

Sorry... you jumped in with assumptions so I threw one back at you :nyah:
Turning into a twaldo style CDF thread

Turning into a twaldo style CDF thread
it did that a long time ago... when the topic left the original post and strayed into padi tec and naui cave.... I actually wanted to shut the conversation down when it strayed.

it did that a long time ago... when the topic left the original post and strayed into padi tec and naui cave.... I actually wanted to shut the conversation down when it strayed.
Oops you’re him. Report the thread if you feel it strayed, though I imagine much of what followed is useful for someone in your position or similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom