Deco cylinders O2 over pressurized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a place in Florida where you can fill your own oxygen bottles and it used to have 3000psi banked, however recently its been 2400-2500psi. I was sort of annoyed at first but I mean I guess its no big deal since the supply tanks are low pressure rated tanks and well the convenience is basically great if you are leaving the cave at 11pm or something and want to fill before the following day.
I've boosted to rated pressure in my HP rebreather bottles. So far so good and I'm careful with all tanks.

PSI teaches to not fill O2 over 2400 PSI.

So that’s where that comes from.

There is a place in Florida where you can fill your own oxygen bottles and it used to have 3000psi banked, however recently its been 2400-2500psi.

Wayne's place? I think that has more to do with him last being as active filling the banks. I don't see him out working on stuff as often the past few months as he was when I first started visiting two years ago.

If it is Wayne's place, I doubt it has anything to do with PSI training.

So that’s where that comes from.

THANK YOU... I KNEW I read / heard it somewhere.... I'm ashamed though, I'm an actual PSI inspector...

THANK YOU... I KNEW I read / heard it somewhere.... I'm ashamed though, I'm an actual PSI inspector...
You heard it from Mark Gresham in your class.

You heard it from Mark Gresham in your class.
While I believe it was said, all I remember is
"I work with Nasa, blah blah blah, I know Astronauts, blah blah blah, Nasa calls and asks me things, Scuba tank, Nasa, 6351, Nasa, NASA, NASA."

"I work with Nasa, blah blah blah, I know Astronauts, blah blah blah, Nasa calls and asks me things, Scuba tank, Nasa, 6351, Nasa, NASA, NASA."
No army dive team/navy SEALs/rescue swimmer/hoorah?

No army dive team/navy SEALs/rescue swimmer/hoorah?
Nope, he was on a NASA kick last time I was in his class.

You may not remember all that he said because your mind was numbed at about the 300th picture of exploded tanks, but what you remember is what I remember.

Was this before or after his tirade about cave divers and cave fills?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom