Deco cylinders O2 over pressurized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this before or after his tirade about cave divers and cave fills?
I do remember that one. I just laughed.
I guess we are all going to die.

You may not remember all that he said because your mind was numbed at about the 300th picture of exploded tanks, but what you remember is what I remember.
Actually I took my class with Dave (Hydro Dave) Zappala , who is an amazing instructor/hydro guy.... but I'm SURE this is where I got the 2400 psi from...

There are 5 dives listed in the tec-40 section of the manual....dives 3, 4 and 5 ALL say simulated deco. If they are not a part of Tec-40, WHY are they in the Tec-40 section?? and I don't mean like the last page of it either.

This is Training dive 6, which is in the Tec-45 section of the manual.... it is ALSO simulated...
View attachment 694675

Then Dive 7 in Tec-45 ALSO simulated....
View attachment 694676
DIve 8, ALSO simulated...
View attachment 694677
Dive 9, SIMULATED
View attachment 694678

DIVE 10 is into the Tec-50 realm... (10, 11 and 12 ARE decompression dives)

NO WHERE through Tec-45 did I find an ACTUAL decompression dive.

Sorry, I don't like posting all the clips... but not exactly sure how to make my point.... Everything in the PADI manual through Tec-45 states simulated. If that is NOT the case then PADI needs to change their manual. I build expectations on the class based on the manual. I mean it is one thing if an instructor wants to exceed the requirements... but if they are all actual deco dives then it needs to be stated.
I have been pretty clear the the manual excerpts you are referencing are not the Tec 40/45/50 curriculum. This are for the Tec Deep and Apprentice Tec programs Which the manual was originally written for. The Tec 40/45/50 program is based on parts of the old manual with the handouts, study assignments, and knowledge review material you see linked at the bottom of the PDF page.

I don’t disagree that the manual needs to be updated for the new programs, but I get the feeling you purchased the materials and have had no involvement or interaction with a PADI Tec Deep Instructor. None of my students have had the difficulty understanding the PADI Tec 40/45/50 program and confusing the old manual content in the manner you keep posting.

I have been pretty clear the the manual excerpts you are referencing are not the Tec 40/45/50 curriculum. This are for the Tec Deep and Apprentice Tec programs Which the manual was originally written for. The Tec 40/45/50 program is based on parts of the old manual with the handouts, study assignments, and knowledge review material you see linked at the bottom of the PDF page.

I don’t disagree that the manual needs to be updated for the new programs, but I get the feeling you purchased the materials and have had no involvement or interaction with a PADI Tec Deep Instructor. None of my students have had the difficulty understanding the PADI Tec 40/45/50 program and confusing the old manual content in the manner you keep posting.
I did the knowledge reviews... I did dives my instructor said to do and the skills he wanted me to do. All I'm saying is , is exactly what the manual says. Pretty black and white I'd say. There are NO actual decompression dives until you get to the Tec-50 portion of the manual.

This is all mundane, the original topic was how much pressure is too much pressure for O2 in a cylinder.

I did the knowledge reviews... I did dives my instructor said to do and the skills he wanted me to do. All I'm saying is , is exactly what the manual says. Pretty black and white I'd say. There are NO actual decompression dives until you get to the Tec-50 portion of the manual.

This is all mundane, the original topic was how much pressure is too much pressure for O2 in a cylinder.
And with the original question in mind, there are two schools of thought it seems. Either “anything over 2400 psi is too much” or “pressure is irrelevant”. I tend to side with the keep it under 2400 crowd, I handle 3000 psi O2 fills like a porcelain vase.

And with the original question in mind, there are two schools of thought it seems. Either “anything over 2400 psi is too much” or “pressure is irrelevant”. I tend to side with the keep it under 2400 crowd, I handle 3000 psi O2 fills like a porcelain vase.
:) now that I know where I "imagined" I heard 2250/2400 psi... it all makes sense now. The way I treat my gear I think I'll stay with the 2400 and under crowd. I mean if I need more gas I can move from the AL40 to a LP72 or AL80. Currently I'm only good for doing deco with 50% anyway... still another month or so before I can move up to 100%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom