Deco cylinders O2 over pressurized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be as simple as the dive does not warrant that decompression time, if any, but you will simulate that it does and do the decompression as if it did. In the initial step it says follow the instructors directions, not that the dive would need any actual decompression. If you screw the pooch on decompression, it's much safer if you don't actually need it.
Totally... I don't mind simulated.. but I was just shocked that there was not an actual deco dive in a class about decompression diving.

It's such a pity that PADI can't be bothered to post anything meaningful on their public facing website. You know, like course specifications, outline, something useful than a bunch of poorly written marketing crap.
it is not just PADI, they all do it.

Totally... I don't mind simulated.. but I was just shocked that there was not an actual deco dive in a class about decompression diving.

I ran through Tec 40 through 50. Dive 4 in Tec 40 is definitely a deco dive. As is dive 4 in Tec 45 and dives 3&4 in Tec 50.

As advised by others, ignore the manual sequencing, and go with the section headers that tell you which parts of the Tec Deep manual that are relevant for each course. Also ignore what's planned on the dives in the manual and go with what your instructor tells you their plan is for the upcoming dives.

The previous Tec Deep Diver course had two levels: Apprentice Tec Diver and Tec Deep Diver were the original split where you got the former after dive 7, then went on to do 5 more dives to get the full level. The content was then reused to create the Tec 40/45/50 courses by grafting on the section headers and knowledge reviews to help make the course content fit the new progression, including introducing the first deco dive at dive 4 in Tec 40.

This should explain why in the original material you'll find all dives to be simulated non-deco dives until dive 9.

(Edit: No deco whatsoever for an Apprentice Tec Diver - only for a full Tec Deep Diver).

TDI/SDI posts their course outline and standards online.
GUE posts their course requirements and very precise expectations online too.

it is not just PADI, they all do it.
GUE, TDI/SDI, BSAC and no doubt others publish their standards. PADI et al hide behind obfuscation.

Why would anyone would want to sign up for an unknown course syllabus? How can you compare it with other agencies?

As has been said many times, you choose your instructor based upon competence, extensive technical diving skills and only then do you look at their teaching skills. The agency is irrelevant.

(Edit: No deco whatsoever for an Apprentice Tec Diver - only for a full Tec Deep Diver).

Just a general point. Decompression diving is not just for "deep" diving. The most useful aspect of being able to use accelerated decompression is on recreational depth dives. For example, spending well over an hour on the bottom at 30m/100ft with a little decompression on 80%, maybe even with two decompression stages, one just for backup.

You’ve paid for the boat dive, get the most from it.

It’s a lovely day, the diving is fantastic and you have to surface in case you have a 10 minute deco stop. How crazy is that.

That was meant for Ken.. and was a NAUI cave1 question... because there is a 100' depth max on that cert.

Who says my computer can do gradient factors?

NO SCUBA POLICE.. you mean I didn't need to take any of those classes... gee now I'm feeling stupid.

Sorry... you jumped in with assumptions so I threw one back at you :nyah:

Yes, the 100' C1 limit still applies.

Back
Top Bottom