Deco cylinders O2 over pressurized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok.. Tec-40 limits you to 50% nitrox and 10 minutes of Deco, I see no such limitations for Tec-45.
Not that it matters, this was asked out of general curiosity, not me planning on doing a dive requiring 35 minutes of deco on an AL40.... I mean I don't even intend to plan dives that require any deco, but I have to have the cert to move on to full cave... yes I'll have to do some deco dives to move past tec-40 but not because I just have to stay down that much longer.

Which agency for full cave? I thought deco cert was required by TDI, but it’s not. I’m told instructors may give quick and dirty deco instruction for non-deco certified full cave students.

so why does your instructor manual NOT correspond to my student manual both for Dive 4?? mine was purchased 3 months ago and in PDF format... could you have outdated PADI materials?

Which agency for full cave? I thought deco cert was required by TDI, but it’s not. I’m told instructors may give quick and dirty deco instruction for non-deco certified full cave students.
NAUI, there is a "cave deco" I believe... but it was more expedient to not spend time in cave country on deco stuff when actually get around to doing Cave2 by doing something equivalent before starting Cave2

so why does your instructor manual NOT correspond to my student manual both for Dive 4?? mine was purchased 3 months ago and in PDF format... could you have outdated PADI materials?
The materials are the same as they have been for many years. Yes, they are in PDF format. There has been talk about doing a full revision to the course, but that is not high on the PADI priority list right now and is being held for the future. The last time I talked about the need for revisions with the man who will be in charge, he assured me I would be consulted when that project starts.

Are you quoting some source for students describing what happens on dive #3?
look at the photo snip I posted... IT is for Dive #4 from the student book. I mean I could post the WHOLE of dive 4 but I don't think PADI would like that much.

look at the photo snip I posted... IT is for Dive #4 from the student book. I mean I could post the WHOLE of dive 4 but I don't think PADI would like that much.
Go ahead. I posted all the standards from the instructor manual.

As I said, most instructors will do the deco, and they are now allowed to mix the classes together in a way that makes more sense. Combining the AN and DP classes makes way more sense than doing them the way they used to be done because it allows you to rearrange the dives in an order that makes much more sense.
I agree, I can hardly come up with a case where AN could be useful on its own

Go ahead. I posted all the standards from the instructor manual.
pointless... this post was about 100% O2 in a cylinder , not PADI standards.

pointless... this post was about 100% O2 in a cylinder , not PADI standards.
It is my opinion that the greatest learning gets done when the original topic has been beaten to death and the thread falls down a rabbit hole of learning, as long as everyone is respectful and doesn’t respond like GI3.

If the original topic hasn’t been answered to your satisfaction, report the thread and we will have a look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom