December 30 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks jonix for the translation. Now that I get the whole context, will definitely try Lapid's chicharon when I go back and will consider it with the spicy vinegar and SMB. After all can't miss something that tastes like heaven :D . As for the dives, I always thought you guys were high voltage divers from your posts :wink: .

jonix:
@midwest: from what i know current can be very fast at some sites in anilao...generally anilao can be considered an easy area to dive. it just so happens we always get to pick the higher voltage dive sites hehehehe

namit/kinamit is ilonggo (i think :D ) - im just guessing..."it's good/delicious"

meh laman pa - hmmmm...that referers to Lapid's Chicharon...crispy pork skin with a slab of semi dry fat that's very good if you want to have a heart attack :D

Lapid's also sells one version without the laman (fat layer). I must admit i'm a sucker for Lapid's with Laman as well hehehehehe

add: Lapid's with Laman + Lapid's spicy vinegar + SMB Light = HEAVEN!

midwestdvr:
As for the dives, I always thought you guys were high voltage divers from your posts :wink: .

there are a lot of sites to dive in and around anilao hehehehe

as for high voltage....my prayers for the dear departed featherstars mwahahahahaha!!!

clgsamson:
done, pm me your exact address and we'll get it to you.

Also, what do you want to appear in the tag?
I want one too :) Pleeeezzzzz..

clgsamson:
Any lessons learned from your 2nd dive?
lesson 1: when hooking to the reef, make sure OTHERS have hooks too... to avoid freeloader remoras hanging on for dear life

lesson 2: make sure iris dives with a computer

lesson 3: when left with 1 minute at-depth time, screw the care-for-dive-buddy thing and move to shallower depth to get a couple more minutes then check on buddy

hehehehehehe

Jag

lesson 4: if intending to go OOA, dive with friend with double tanks and longhose

shugar:
lesson 1: when hooking to the reef, make sure OTHERS have hooks too... to avoid freeloader remoras hanging on for dear life
LOL ...

midwestdvr:
Is there always wicked currents in Anilao? From what I've read so far in this forum, it seems like it (either that or those dives are the ones people always talk about). Mind you, the only currents I've experienced so far in the PI was in PG and those were milder compared to currents in Cozumel, even the ones in Verde.

Also, please translate the following phrases (my vocab is still not so good :D )

kanamit sina
meh laman pa

Thanks.
My wife sez diving outside Anilao is always a breeze. Our latest dive out of Anilao which was in in Bohol waters, she puts it as "light" or no current at all, not much effort to fin here and there. We believe Anilao always has a very slight current running even at its easiest dive site, that is why the water feels "heavy".

shugar:
couldn't resist could you... sigh... tuloy, what happened? i got tired and had to suck air out of your nifty doubles hehehehehe

Jag

i was hanging on to you for a long time and saw the perplexed look in your eyes. you dint see me? everytime youd look id scuttle the other way hehe

Spoon:
i was hanging on to you for a long time and saw the perplexed look in your eyes. you dint see me? everytime youd look id scuttle the other way hehe
i actually never felt you on my tank... only jaime on my ankles... did mons get a picture of us doing that? she said we looked funny

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom