December 30 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
nope... my bad... spent 1 minute too long at depth, didn't ascend to a shallower depth when i saw my comp say 1 minute... since i passed it, mosquito went into auto deco obligation

check out lesson #2

Jag
Gotcha.
Suggested lesson #5 - Always bring a pony bottle. When lesson #2 is violated, pony becomes a deco bottle :)

shugar:
my 1st time to buddy breathe too... same reason, darn deco

the best part was that we didn't have to really bump into each other w/c was what was happening when i was sharing from the DM on a short hose

still hard with the current but i can see where it would be overall a better setup than the usual short octo

Jag

had a slight misfortune before of low-on-air close to out-of-air situation...

i was constantly checking my gauges (reg was a rental) and was happy to see that im not using that much air ... at about 700 PSI i signalled to the Dive leader (he's actually AI) that my air was that much. after five minutes he asked me again...and i saw that it was exactly 700PSI still...hmm,gauge needle isnt moving. so i tapped it several times...lo and behold 300 PSI! (gauge must be busted, i thought)...and i still have to do a safety stop before surfacing.

so i signalled to the person nearest to me that i was low on air...the AI guy donned twins and a long hose primary. so he gave me his long hose reg...and we swam together (i was on top of him the whole time) for the safety stop. it took us about 5 more minutes before we made our safety stop. the whole time it was really comfy with all the "elbow room" the long hose he gave me.

after that day...im believer of the long hose :)

chip104:
you did a good job on that!

tee-hee... at least you get to practice on a rescue dummy. stressful as i am to dive with, admit it, i help hone your skills :) by the time you take up your rescue course, you've had lots of practice already :D

@jag: had that coming...

subzero:
Just curious, how'd you guys end up with a deco obligation? Was it planned?
I didn't have a deco obligation since I'm using a more liberal Oceanic comp. Jag also upped his comp's conservativeness. I didn't have any intention of going into deco, but we did a stop anyway.

iris_ice:
tee-hee... at least you get to practice on a rescue dummy. stressful as i am to dive with, admit it, i help hone your skills :) by the time you take up your rescue course, you've had lots of practice already :D

@jag: had that coming...
next time you'll be practicing on me. I'll make sure of that. :)

well, technically i guess it was more of an extended safety stop rather than a hard-core deco since the cieling for the deco stop was 10ft (w/c is actually shallower than a safety stop)

Jag

chip104:
next time you'll be practicing on me. I'll make sure of that.

noooooooooooooooooo!

promise, i'll be a more responsible diver down there. well, maybe after coron :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom