Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kosh once bubbled... Fred,
Thanks for the info, but that's not the forecast I wanted to hear! We have been talking east coast. Maybe I'll be lugging my gear down there for nothing. Oh wait, I guess I can have some hot chocolate and turkey soup, right Mike?
You bet! If anybody wants, bring burgers/dogs for the grill.

Come on now it is only a 4.5 hour drive for you.

If we end up on the west coast because the east coast is bad I better get a big tooth!

Didn't raise the brightest guy in the world. But if it walks like a duck and it quakes like a duck most times it's a duck.
Now a 4 hour drive to turn around and go home and then not being able to dive. Well that's not my idea of a good time.
I can drive for an 1hour and 15 min in either derection and I know I'll be able to dive. If I get up on Sat. and for some reason Venice is bad I always have the spring close enough to go to.
Now if I were going to my brothers this weekend I might consider diving down south. He lives in Hollywood on the beach.
Right now it looks like Venice is the best option. Your welcome to join me.:) (Dive4funoften)
Besides you can't stand the idea of me finding that moster tooth.

Ok about this weather problem. I have always gone by winds from the east 10mph or less is ok. Up to 15 if it hasn't been blowing long. If the wind is from the west, it can be up to 15 with no problem... on the west coast switch the east and west...This is a conserative estimate. If it is blowing bad here saturday morning, I don't mind making a run over to venice-as long as we have a contact person over there that can verify the weather is better than here...other than that- see ya'll on Saturday...
Fred- sure you no wanna join us? And Mike-when we gonna dive the shhh place?

...........let's see,2hrs to Venice, 4 hrs to commercial beach. I guess it's commercial on Sat. and Venice on Sun. Either way, It's a drive. After coming down from NJ, any vis better than 5 ft would be good for me!! LOL!

Sorry Jenny
I have to stay close to home this weekend. Other wise I would set something up. I'can email you early am on Sat with conditions
If you want Jenny.
Better dress warm though. Water temp will be in the 60's.
I'm wearing my 7mm suit.
Fred

Hello All,

Fred here, so is the dive going to be at Venice this weekend, and if so what day? I would really like to go and meet some of you. Let me know if you would soon, so I can make plans.

I would have to consider Sunday my Venice day provided that no further weather phenomina should occur that make life no fun in the water :wink:

Jeff? Weather permitting want to join up to? Anyone else? Oh.. I should ask the wife to! :wink:

Look for a new post tomorrow in regards to. Otherwise you can catch me in Ft Lauderdale this sat for a sunrise dive.. the wunderful wife cleared that one :D

Really Colin? You gonna make it for sunrise! How cool, er I mean neat! LOL
See you and the family then!
:j

Love to do the sunrise dive, just need the time and where to park. That is sunrise as the sun coming up, right? Not sunrise blvd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom