Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were planning on coming down to do the sunrise dive with Jenny. However that is before I saw all of these posts about her air consumption. I think she will need 2 buddies 1 for the first half of her dive then another for the second half of her dive!

Gosh I am jealous!!!

See you all at sunrise on Sat.

Saturday dive.. what does the weather outlook look like? I've been trying to dive there all year without any luck....

I'll be jens dive buddy.. we seem to have similar air consumption rates :)

CBulla once bubbled...
Saturday dive.. what does the weather outlook look like? I've been trying to dive there all year without any luck....

I'll be jens dive buddy.. we seem to have similar air consumption rates :)
I think Jenny summed it up pretty accurately with this:
nobody will really know what the weatherman is 50% accuratley forecasting until Thursday or Friday...even then, it is subject to changes...

We can speculate about it all week, but nothing will be certain until probably Friday. Hope you can make it. Hope we all can make it!:boom:

KBeck once bubbled...
Mike, I think I can officially accuse you of hijacking a thread---naughty naughty!

So, are you and Marvel in (given the gods smile on us and bless us with some reasonable conditions...finally)?
lol Krista the only correlation I have predicting the weather here is that it's typically the opposite. I'm saying nothing either way to avoid jinxing the whole affair.

I'll put a big turkey (sans most of the meat) in the stock pot the night before, so we'll have hot turkey soup and maybe hot chocolate for afterward (this will insure warm weather, at least). Carrots, leeks, celery, and onion ought to do it... seasoned with savory, salt & pepper... and a lot of love lol

PS - OK, I'm 'shamed; no more thradjacking!

Ok Mike that hijacking again is making me drool also..You do know how to throw the best dive parties!

You guys talking diving the east coast or the west coast.
The wether for Saturday on the east coast is looking bad.
10 MPH winds from the east - northeast. That means rough seas.
Weather for Venice is winds from the east- north east at 5MPH
That means water like glass.
Just thoought I'd let you know.
I might try Venice this Sat. If not then I'll hit a spring.
Remeber I dive every weekend It's just a question of where.
Fred

fgray1 once bubbled...
You guys talking diving the east coast or the west coast.
The wether for Saturday on the east coast is looking bad.
10 MPH winds from the east - northeast. That means rough seas.
Weather for Venice is winds from the east- north east at 5MPH
That means water like glass.
Just thoought I'd let you know.
I might try Venice this Sat. If not then I'll hit a spring.
Remeber I dive every weekend It's just a question of where.
Fred

Fred,

Thanks for the info, but that's not the forecast I wanted to hear! We have been talking east coast. Maybe I'll be lugging my gear down there for nothing. Oh wait, I guess I can have some hot chocolate and turkey soup, right Mike?

lol you should know by now from reading my posts that it's impossible to get any idea at all what the conditions are going to be like a week - or for that matter three DAYS - in advance. This time of year I've embarrassed myself enough trying to follow the forecasts.

I actually dove twice this weekend, and though visibility was only 25' I was able to pick out a turtle and all the usual critters just fine. Oh, lots of barracuda you-know-where and damn I could have used a spear, too. I even saw a surgeon with TWO little hitchiker shrimps (can't remember what they're called but mysid shrimp was apparently wrong) and lots of lurking lizard fish.

Now, the reef must be in flux because not many of summer's regulars are hanging out and last year's characters haven't shown up. I don't guarantee that it will be as great as it can be in the summer but who knows what might show up - where's Flipper? Manatee should be high-tailing it into warmer water as well (we've seen them out here last year). I guarantee barracuda because Jenny & I know where to find 'em now (shhhh, Jen).

There was very little current and almost no surge at all on Friday. Funny thing, the wind was whipping drops off the surface but there were no waves. Water temp was down to 72f in patches, but there were highs of 77/78f. The air was in the 60s but the sunshine on my wetsuit made me want to lay down and doze on the sand, just like a big seal.

I'll probably dive on Friday afternoon if conditions are good so plan on coming by unless I post otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom