Deaths at Eagles Nest - Homosassa FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Later in the commentary Lavion45 says "Do what your trained for, just wait until you are certified for that".

Later in the commentary Lavion45 says "Do what your trained for, just wait until you are certified for that".

He & his father needed to heed his own advice. But then is seems that both believed they were above the rules of safe cave diving.

So, a diver only needs those additional classes to safely dive some of the EN features that lie beyond the Ballroom. I think recommended safety precautions might get more attention if they were presented in a more objective manner.

It is my impression that there are no certification requirements established by any authority for diving EN.

the ballrooms floor is well in excess of 100ft. The roof is at 70 or so, and the TOP of the debris cone is at like 130. You really need helium in there.

Imo, a hypoxic trimix cert isn't needed, as there are a few dives to be had in there without a hypoxic mix, building experience with deeper cave diving (ballroom and the Lockwood tunnel come to mind).

That's rather odd, i did check all these agencies against Darrin Spivey , Date of Birth: 01/23/1978 and no records found whatsoever, i checked these:
PADI https://www.padi.com/scuba/applications/studentRCOL/SearchRecord.aspx?languageID=5#
NAUI NAUI Diver Lookup
SSI https://www.divessi.com/online_diver_check
SDI Cert Search | SDI | TDI | ERDI

I have 1500 dives now, so he had 1505?

PADI Master Scuba Diver can be obtained with minimal dives. I forget the number but well under fifty.

In the past 15 months I went from never having done any dives to 60 dives, gotten my AOW, Deep Diving, Nitrox, Limited Viz, and Navigation. And to this day I STILL don't feel I'm much better than a beginner. I log every dive, write notes, constantly check and test gear, and have gotten downright anal about safety now on my boat. I had a GREAT instructor who has become a great friend. He has close to 20,000 dives (he's over 65 years old) and is a very influential (and sometimes cranky) source of instruction on safe diving techniques. I feel honored to know him and he keeps this dumb-ass 47 year old diver in check. My wife is also a great influence - even though she can't dive due to a paraesophageal hernia, she has gone through the training, understands the risks, and has trained herself to be a great dive helper on the boat.

I think many people forget just how potentially dangerous this is - we get complacent and that is when mistakes can and will happen. For goodness sakes, folks, don't dive beyond your training, always doublecheck your gear, do a buddy-check, and don't feel averse to call a dive if you feel something isn't right.

PADI Master Scuba Diver can be obtained with minimal dives. I forget the number but well under fifty.

The fact that it is possible for someone to get that certification does not mean he had it. I have seen no references anywhere to him having the MSD rating, and I have seen no references to any number of dives.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2013 at 02:37 PM ----------

PADI Master Scuba Diver requires a minimum of 50 dives.

The fact that it is possible for someone to get that certification does not mean he had it. I have seen no references anywhere to him having the MSD rating, and I have seen no references to any number of dives.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2013 at 02:37 PM ----------

PADI Master Scuba Diver requires a minimum of 50 dives.

OK, I was wrong on that. Still, a person with 50 dives is hardly a Master Scuba Diver by any common sense interpretation of the word "Master."

Several of my cards have typos on my birthdate, not all the names are listed consistently... I have to get creative to find them online

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom