Dead Diver Reported at Spitting Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I would really like to hear a viable plan?? that is the function of the thread, really.

You can try everything in your power to try and stop or reduce diving accidents like these, but really it's gonna be hard you know how people are they won't have no word of it till something happens to them or they witness something. The only thing that can come to mind is to get the word out with tourist about the warnings and hazards of the Spitting Caves you might not be able to get the word out to everyone but you might just be able to save a few tourist lives with signs or newsletter postings in dive shops regarding the dangers of this dive.

Always descending,
c.h.

sorry I am so bothered by this one. Just home from Iraq...I can see this site from my house...struck a little close to "home".

thanks you all.

What I dont get is why should he be a hero?
Went to Iraq...so? Died...so?
It is sad. It teachs us to be more careful.
But hell, where does the hero thing comes from, people tend to idolized
others when they die. I hope people will remember me later as a psycho,
I prefer that over an Iraq "hero".

sorry it just bugged me

Seraphimx:
sorry it just bugged me
Too bad the TOS keeps me from saying what I really want...

Seraphimx:
What I dont get is why should he be a hero?
Went to Iraq...so? Died...so?
It is sad. It teachs us to be more careful.
But hell, where does the hero thing comes from, people tend to idolized
others when they die. I hope people will remember me later as a psycho,

sorry it just bugged me

OK lets not get going down this path. I am not sure you understand we treat our military a little different. Any one who did such a great honor as to serve their country is a hero in my book. Sorry about the hijack just bugged me.

It's just sad they don't warn but expect the sport dive tourist to know that this is a more skilled dive then most dives they have log, it really sounds like someone (local govt) after all these accidents in the area should take some sort of action into warning tourist when the right times to dive in that area is best and what not to do, etc, etc. Then again if someone knows the dangers of the dive but yet they think there fit for it when there really not and they end up not coming back then this is just plan stupid and we all know that mother nature will eventually win...

Always descending,
c.h.

A few words...Not my own.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I'm not sorry...pissed me off.

yea, don't take the bait anyone. please. It only has power if you let it.

We need to always remember that the family usually wanders in at some point and keep that filter on as we post/discuss etc.

I am sure the poor crew is distraught as well...everybody gets their piece of hell when these things happen.

Seraphimx:
sorry it just bugged me
from the comforts of your home i doubt you will ever be at risk of being called this

Knight:
It's just sad they don't warn but expect the sport dive tourist to know that this is a more skilled dive then most dives they have log, it really sounds like someone (local govt) after all these accidents in the area should take some sort of action into warning tourist when the right times to dive in that area is best and what not to do, etc, etc. Then again if someone knows the dangers of the dive but yet they think there fit for it when there really not and they end up not coming back then this is just plan stupid and we all know that mother nature will eventually win...

Always descending,
c.h.

Isn't the dive shop responsible for knowing the conditions? Once again i have only good things about the shop or rather nothing bad.
So where does dive shop responsibility end and personal responsibility begin. My normal LDS has called off dives at alot of easier place for a lot less reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom