Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49:
The latest version of the model Lamont posted shows it now running right over Cuba and heading to New Orleans. Cozumel looks safe in this one.

It is way too early to assume that Cozumel is safe; the nhs model puts it going right over Cancun.

Sue Sue:
I also want to add, that by no means should anyone of us give up on Cozumel.

Are you kidding? Didn't you learn anything from Wilma? If a hurricane passes within a hundred miles of Cozumel, it will sink below the waves and the reefs will all be destroyed! It's the Hiroshima of the Caribbean!

Tha's a joke of course.

Hey Gordon,

Stirring up trouble?????

ggunn:
Are you kidding? Didn't you learn anything from Wilma? If a hurricane passes within a hundred miles of Cozumel, it will sink below the waves and the reefs will all be destroyed! It's the Hiroshima of the Caribbean!

Tha's a joke of course.

gajeep94yj:
NBC nightly news just said that all the reports looked like it was going to hit the edge of the yucatan (Coz) and then head to south texas mexico border.

Christi stay safe there. you are welcome to bug out to Atlanta, GA if you need a place to hide!

Thanks, that's sweet! As awful as it is riding out the storm, the only way I would really leave is if we had a forced evacuation. This is where I chose to live and I have to take the good with the bad...I would never be at peace if I left my crew, pets and home and ran away.

NOW...AFTER the storm, if this thing pounds us like the 2005 storms did...I may be looking for a temporary job in the states until we're back on our feet...haha!

That's right Gordon, :wink: ..No, I guess I have not learned my lesson yet. That is why DH and I are heading back to Cozumel for our fourth trip since Wilma in October. We are still looking for that Catastrophic Devastation we heard so much about.

we're boarding up our place in puerto aventuras right across from Coz tomorrow. hopefully it'll end up being an unnecesary waste of time...

well I went 2times after wilma and there is certanly a BIG difference in the underwater soft corals and forget about the big barrel sponges theyre all gone. paradise reef is mostly gone under sand(compare to what it used to be). .If this gets a direct hit, the little coral recovery that has taken place will be gone.. I really do hope it misses Coz; I really enjoy the people and the lay back relaxing atmosphere. Im just glad were getting spared on this one for a change.Good Luck!!!

Hank49:
The latest version of the model Lamont posted shows it now running right over Cuba and heading to New Orleans. Cozumel looks safe in this one.
:hmmm: I missed that, where?

I'm at Casa del Mar on Coz with friends from SingleDivers.com, starting to think I should have left?

DandyDon:
:hmmm: I missed that, where?

I'm at Casa del Mar on Coz with friends from SingleDivers.com, starting to think I should have left?

that probably would have been a good idea....just put your mattress up against any sliding glass doors that may be in your room...

Feel free to nudge it into a hard right, north to Atlanta... we need the rain...

I haven't yet been to Coz, however, it is certainly on my short term "must dive" list, so it's heartbreaking to see the possibility of another hit... unfortunately, the model from the National Hurricane Center shows the three day model like this:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom