Danger in buying "too much" computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheesh. The woman is just trying to pick between 2 computers. I'm sure she gets that there are many other options.

For all the people that say they're never going to do a particular thing, sure some do anyway but but probably most don't. It may make sense to buy what you need now, or it may make sense to get something you think you might want later. But door #3, going out of your way to buy something you don't need now and are pretty sure you won't want later, I don't see much logic there.

Sheesh. The woman is just trying to pick between 2 computers. I'm sure she gets that there are many other options.

Thanks :) But don't worry, I've learned to take what I read on scubaboard with a thick skin and a grain of salt. It was a lot of research before I decided on a Suunto. It wouldn't have even been a question if the used one wasn't offered to me.

Just disappointed it comes in that awful orange and not pink. But I learned quickly that 'does it come in pink' shouldn't be my first gear requirement. Which is too bad...

My theory is, their strategy is to get people interested in the low priced zoop, then buy something fancier just to avoid the awful orange. :)

My theory is, their strategy is to get people interested in the low priced zoop, then buy something fancier just to avoid the awful orange. :)
I've never seen one in orange except for on line. All the shops around me have the yellow one.

i believe they now offer the zoop in black. Whatever color you go with, you may want to consider a DSS bungee mount. It makes it a lower profile and the bungee stretches with the compression of your wetsuit to keep it in place.

I'm never going to be a tech diver.

Don't sweat it. I'm never going to be a tech diver either. That's why Poseidon made up so many different types of underwater activities.

And if you were to ever change your mind to be a tech diver, the training and the rest of the equipment will cost so much that buying a "tech" computer is but a drop in the bucket.

Thanks :) But don't worry, I've learned to take what I read on scubaboard with a thick skin and a grain of salt. It was a lot of research before I decided on a Suunto. It wouldn't have even been a question if the used one wasn't offered to me.

Just disappointed it comes in that awful orange and not pink. But I learned quickly that 'does it come in pink' shouldn't be my first gear requirement. Which is too bad...

Well, I think DSS boot for suunto zoop comes also on Pink! A friend of mine has got one and they look awesome!

Not sure if he makes the pink ones for all computer models, but you can ask Tobin (dss owner, member and participant in SB)..

And you can find lots of pink gear I think in thinkpinkscuba.com - it was started for a good cause (TekDiveGirl, SB member who suffered from DCS, if I remember correctly). Looks like site is down, but maybe Google can help in this. The site used to offer anything from pink weightbelt to wetsuits, fins and dss bungeed intrument mounts (compass, computer etc).

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Zoop's are sold in Orange, Yellow or Black. Later however...:wink:

Global-ProductImages-Suunto-D4i-Hot-Pink-Suunto-D4i-Hot-Pink-3522.png

Suunto D4i Hot Pink - Suunto

U do wonder why if they have a yellow one.. and orange one.. and a black one..

Why cant they get sells some covers for the masses! Of other colors!

Later however...:wink:

I saw that in the store. It's beautiful.
Being reasonable, and not independently wealthy, I told myself I can't buy gear just because it is pretty. (The Cressi Leonardo also comes in pink, but I decided I wanted to be same brand as my husband, and he wanted a Suunto.)

My husband is riding a van up to the quarry today for his checkout dives. As I mentioned earlier we got him the Vyper Air for his birthday since it was a great sale, he's a gadget guy, and he's way more likely to stick with this than I am, being a lifelong fish. He says he's a little 'nervous' about his class turning on him, as he's had a few threats on his life by the van occupants to get the computer for him. So it looks like there might be a safety factor in an orange zoop. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom