DAN Members, DAN Insurance, are you, do you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also a DAN member and Master Plan Member.

and, even though i really only get out to dive less than a dozen times a year I felt that it was a small price to pay. In the event that something happens I won't have bills for the rest of my life. That's what insurance is for. To cover you in the CHANCE that something happens. Do you carry car insurance? Homeowners?

The way I figure it....The people that dive less should probably have this even more. They are less experienced and have a higher probability of making the mistake that might send them to a chamber. Just my 2 cents.

This was very informative, Was wondering who to use for myself and family - Think I'll go DAN. This is why I like ScubaBoard so much!

Yeah I decided to go with DAN this year after reading a similar thread

JdLag1:
This was very informative, Was wondering who to use for myself and family - Think I'll go DAN. This is why I like ScubaBoard so much!
I started this thread over a year ago, glad to see it is still of use.

I have been for many years. Recently, I have had doubts about the coverage. I respect Thall's knowledge (God...don't let me be confused). We just joined Dive Assure as they are primary insurance VS secondary. My insurance broker, an X Navy diver and very smart guy with federal health savings accounts, recommended them. I really am confused. I would love to know, but have trouble getting real facts. I started a thread but felt the questions were either too hot to handle or ....? something.

Often, I just trust other people, I admit that.

Yet...something about DAN, of late, has really turned me off. I think the testimonial we discussed recently about the 200 ft bounce guy who claimed all kinds of symptoms and yet was gushing about the emotional support he got worried me a little.

hey..I don't have any facts but it did not sound right.

Then someone told me that you are talking to an EMT basic when you call, using a checklist. Now..that worries me too. Okay...maybe they have a protoccol, but still...I can do better than that, on my own.

I called once and got some iffy advice. The "call DAN" chants scare me a little. It's like they can do no wrong and they and their process is untouchable.

The last posting on their website really sort of left me dumbfounded. To this day, I beleive I must have missed something.

Dan Member and now insure Trip and Equipment in addition to DAN medical. Read On:
For those of you looking for equipment insurance, I thought I might briefly share a very happy experience with DAN Equipment Insurance (H20Insurance). I just returned from a dive trip to Indonesia. I broke my camera when I slipped and fell. It was a small part of a very large insurance package that I purchased including all of my photography and dive equipment. I submitted a claim for my loss, was contacted immediately with a list of items that they needed from me and once I submitted that list, a week or so later, I was immediately contacted by the insurance company and told that a check would be issued. I was absolutely blown away by their customer service and responsiveness. The check arrived roughly 3 weeks from the time of submission. Wow!
Now, compare this to my experience with DEPP. I submitted a small claim for a focus light that fell off my camera while diving. It took me 5 months and an untold amount emails to get any response from DEPP. It was a horribly stressful and aggravating experience to say the least but worth pursuing on principal alone. Needless to say, I highly recommend DAN Equipment Insurance and personally won't be going back to DEPP ever!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom