DAN Members, DAN Insurance, are you, do you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me too as of 2 weekends ago

DAN member, DAN Preferred Insurance, DAN Instructor-Trainer.

I've been a DAN member and have had their insurace for nearly 6 years now. I upgraded to their Master plan a few years ago as I'm now diving beyond the recreational limits. I've had to use the insruance once about 2 years ago and I thank God I had it. I spent several hours in the ER waiting to see the Doc, several more hours in a private room waiting for the chamber ride to begin and then 5 1/2 hours in the chamber. Total cost was somewhere near $10,000 US and DAN paid every dime of it.

Thankfully, the Doc said that if it were a hit at all it was a very minor one and after the ride in the chamber I felt fine and have not had any problems since.

IMO, DAN Insurance is a must have. I won't dive without it.

DAN member, Preferred insurance plan, and card-carrying DAN oxygen provider.

I also buy trip insurance through the DAN website for my big non-dive trips. I can save a good hunk of change compared to the trip cancellation policies that are offered by the expedition/eco-travel companies I use.

-Bryan

Don't leave home without it!
Have it for self and hubby - even though he only dives a couple times a year it's not worth the risk not to be insured

DAN member (SEAP) and insured (Preferred Plan)—I hesitated for awhile but it was a prerequisite for taking a class. Also I’m diving in a somewhat remote location in March and thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Member and Insured (Premier)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom