Dam Dive/AOW weekend Oct 28-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K9trnr:
I'm not going to be able to make it afterall. I let my wife know I wanted us to go and found out we have something else planned that I hadn't been told about. Why do wives do that? Ugh!

Because they can... :wink:

Updated Dam Dive trip diver list:

Dive-aholic [PAID]
Dive-aholic's wife [PAID]
shark.byte.usa [PAID]
Reef Man [PAID]
namabiru [PAID]
justin957 [PAID]
yoginidiver [PAID]
yoginidiver S.O. [PAID]
titandiver [PAID]
2 spots booked [PAID]

One spot left. The Diver Down II can actually accomodate 16, so if there is a buddy team of 2 that wants to book, contact me. Doug likes to keep the max to 12 and I agree with him. I think we'd all like a little elbow room, but 13 shouldn't be too bad. Someone can always ride out on the granny line. :D

Hey Rob,
Brandon (yoginidiver's SO) and I will be diving with taknks provided by the boat.
Thanks,
Koren

I plan on just using the boat tanks... Where is the night dive at? Is it worth checking out?

Thanks for the info, Koren and Justin.

The night dive will probably be at the end of Desert Tortoise Rd. unless the water level has risen enough to let us get in and out of Scorpion Bay again. I plan on getting to the lake a couple of hours before departure so I can scope things out. I'll let you know on the boat. Desert Tortoise has been a little scarce on fish, but it has been getting better every month. Hey, a dive is a dive! Besides, we plan on sinking some pumpkins with chem lights in them to see if we can attract anything.

I will be using the tanks supplied....

Is there a map to where we are to meet???? I haven't been to the dock....

Is everyone going to use a 7mil suite??? Hood??? Gloves???? Just wondering what the dress was going to be like....

The marina is the east entrance to the lake. Here are the directions from the Diver Down II site:

Driving directions to Lake Pleasant Marina:
Take I-17 N from downtown Phoenix to Exit 223 - Carefree Hwy West
Head west for exactly 8 miles.
Turn right on Pleasant Harbor Blvd.
Continue about 1.5 miles and make a left at the Pleasant Harbor Marina entrance.

My plan is for 7mm, hood possibly, gloves probably not. I can take temps to 68 degrees without gloves. The water temp a week and a half ago was 75 down to 38'. Not sure where the thermocline is at, but last time I found it at 54'. I may or may not be getting deeper than that depending on the visibility. The visibility cuts down quite a bit below the thermocline.

I'll talk to Doug this week and get better directions to where he parks his boat. Otherwise just look for the silver Southwest Scuba van. We'll be there a little early Saturday.

The main concern will be your torso. The water temp should still be in the low to mid 70s. I'm only wearing a 7mm because I don't own a 5mm. Gloves shouldn't be necessary. Bootie thickness all depends on your cold tolerance level. I'll be in 5mm booties.

Reports are that Desert Tortoise Rd is getting flooded, had 8 inches of water on it last Sunday, also the scuttlebutt is that the lake is rising about a foot a day, which seems like an awful lot of water and fast, but who am I to squish these rumors.

Maybe I'll drive out there on Friday and Scout out Scorpion Bay

Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom