Dam Dive/AOW weekend Oct 28-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to thank Rob too.... We had a great time.... the dam was incredible...

On a side note....can some one post a map to Scorpion bay with directions on how to get there.... would love to do a shore dive there!!!

It appears that everyone had a great time diving the other day! It stunk that I was unable to make it, I would have loved to have gone but family first. I hope that I will able to attend something like this the next time it gets put together.

Adam

Thanks everyone! We're glad everyone enjoyed themselves. It was an experience.

We'll be planning something similar in a few months. The dam will be a little too deep at that time, but there are other areas in the lake that can provide a nice change of scenery. I'll post an announcement when we get ready to schedule it.

Ron, Scorpion Bay is next to Dirty Shirt. Just continue past South Park Rd to Peninsula Rd, turn right and drive until the center line starts to widen. You'll see a road on the left. Turn onto it and then take your first right dirt road. Drive to the end of it. Scorpion Bay cannot be dived right now. The water level is still about 10' too low to make entry and exit possible (Scorpion Bay is a wall that drops about 35' to a sloped bottom). I'll post when the water level is high enough to dive it. We're hoping we'll be able to dive it in December.

I finally posted my dive report in my blog, you can check it out here:
http://www.getbentscuba.com/blog/2006/11/old-waddell-dam-lake-pleasant.php

I also got real busy before this dive along with a trip to Chicago, so I totally spaced the T-Shirts, if anyone is interested in getting one, let me know and I'll put it up on my site, if not I'll salvage the design for something else.

Garrett

Garrett, I enjoyed reading your blog and dive reports.... It is worth seeing at depth!!! Had lots of fun....thanks for sharing!!!

Nice archive photos.

Looking forward to diving scorpion bay!!!

Reef Man:
Looking forward to diving scorpion bay!!!
I'm going to do a dive at the lake tomorrow morning, I'll drive by and see where the water level is at. Rob had indicated last week it needed another 10ft to be to the condition it was in late July, which was not the best level, but not bad either. It's almost a certainty is has not risen that much, but all I need is 1 decent exit point :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom