Dam Dive/AOW weekend Oct 28-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I realized tonight that I've only ever done shore dives at the lake and only from the county side. Where exactly might I find this boat on Saturday?

yoginidiver:
So I realized tonight that I've only ever done shore dives at the lake and only from the county side. Where exactly might I find this boat on Saturday?

See post #46 above. I'll post more accurate information tomorrow or Friday.

namabiru:
Look for the big ol' pirate scooner at dock, flying the skull & crossbones and dive cross. It's Halloween, you know. Arrr matey, arrr...

:D

(Yes, I AM worse when I get around people... betcha can't wait can you?)

Saturday will be very interesting... :D

Talked to Doug today, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to ask him where his slip is! I'll talk to him again tomorrow, but the last time I was on the marina side of the lake, Doug had small dive flag signs posted along the road with arrows pointing to the boat slip. The person at the gate might be able to direct you, but I wouldn't count on it. Just look for my van. You'll know it when you see it.

When I've dove the Diver Down II, it was at the dock just to the left of Vista Point. You enter the marina, go to the end of the road where you have to make a right or left. Make a right, then go to the end of the road where you have to make a right or left. Make a left. At the end, it'll start to curve to the right, but you go straight. It'll take you down to the dock. You'll want to confirm with him in case he's changed anything, but that's where he's been the few times I've gone.

Thanks, Richard. That's where I remember him being, too. It's been a couple of years since I've been on that side of the lake though.

K9trnr:
When I've dove the Diver Down II, it was at the dock just to the left of Vista Point. You enter the marina, go to the end of the road where you have to make a right or left. Make a right, then go to the end of the road where you have to make a right or left. Make a left. At the end, it'll start to curve to the right, but you go straight. It'll take you down to the dock. You'll want to confirm with him in case he's changed anything, but that's where he's been the few times I've gone.
That sounds familiar to me too, I've been on it once. You'll probably have to drop your gear off at the dock and then go park back up the hill. Seem to remember shuttles to take you back and forth. My memory's not so good :wink:

Just a quick thanks to Rob for setting this up - it was a good time!

Quick report - 12 divers on the boat with all levels of experience. Water level has gone up about 10' since the last time we were there (10/12/06)! Water temp 68 degrees, Visibility at the Dam about 15', in Two Cow Cove about 10'. The top of the Dam was at 63'. No thermocline down to 105'. Lost visibility about 120' down. See a more detailed report on the Lake Pleasant page of Southwest Scuba. It looked like everyone had a great time. We'll plan for another boat trip out on the lake when the water starts warming up. In the meantime, we will still be there every month diving the coves from the shoreline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom