Dam Dive/AOW weekend Oct 28-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We're planning a Dam Dive followed by an AOW course the last weekend of October. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm still waiting on the details from the Diver Down II, but it looks like it can take 16 divers and the price should be around $50. So far we have about 8 divers committed to the Dam Dive.

After that, we'll be heading back to Desert Tortoise for an AOW course. Anyone who is interested, let me know. We're also planning on teaching CPR/First Aid for divers needing it for our Rescue Diver course in November, so it will be a busy weekend. We are limiting the number of AOW divers because of this.

Remember, if you just want to come out and dive with us that weekend, that's okay too! Hope to see you!

Saw this being done in another forum on the Board and thought it would be a good idea. So, let's try it.

This weekend we'll also be having a Pumpkin Carving contest and Halloween costume contest. Pumpkin carving can be done topside or underwater. Halloween costumes must be dive compatible. For the night dive we'll be taking our pumpkins in the water with us with chemical lights to light them up! Bring your own pumpkins and chem lights. Winners will be decided by popular vote. Each winner will receive a free 2-dive specialty course from Southwest Scuba. Come out and have some fun!

I have been meaning to ask, what is the depth of the dam and how good is the viz? This weekend sounds like a blast where are you guys going to be at?

Do you have a list of divers??? I have may be 4 that would like to go on that dive??? Is there still room????

Sorry for the delay, been in San Carlos. :D

The dam is at 80' when the lake is full. The lake is about 40-45' below full right not, so that puts the top of the dam at about 35-40'. I'm not sure what the vis is since I haven't been out there yet, but my guess is that it's a little better than in the coves. As for space, it looks like we have about 8 divers so far and I believe the boat can hold 16. I'd like to cap it around 12 so we have plenty of room. I haven't heard back from the Diver Down II yet. I just called and left another message.

Craig, you out there? I heard you can get in touch with them. Is that true?

Okay, just spoke with Diver Down II. Here are the details:

$49 for 2 tank dive. Tanks, weights, and belts are supplied by Diver Down II. We have the afternoon shift on Oct. 28. We need to be at the dock aby 12:30. We should return to the dock around 5pm.

Now, I need a definite commitment from anyone who wants to go. The boat is reserved for El Mar that weekend, but they don't have anything scheduled, so he's calling them to tell them it's booked full. He needs a minimum of 6 divers to break even and can take up to 16 divers. He usually likes to cap it at 12, so that's the cap.

Let me know if you will be at the dock on Oct 28 for the trip. I will collect the money and pay the fee ahead of time through PayPal. My PayPal account is rn1069@hotmail.com. Please pay through your checking account. If you pay by credit card, then the fee is $55 to cover the PayPal fees. Put your name and SB handle in the comments so I know who you are.

Add your name to this list. I will add PAID once receiving PayPal payment.

Dam Dive trip diver list:

Dive-aholic [PAID]
Dive-aholic's wife [PAID]

Dive-aholic:
Add your name to this list. I will add PAID once receiving PayPal payment.

Dam Dive trip diver list:

Dive-aholic [PAID]
Dive-aholic's wife [PAID]
shark.byte.usa

Added, hey Rob can I pay for my rescue/efr stuff and this all at once when you pass through town? If not I'll pay through PayPal, I'll have to add a new checking account.

Garrett

Anyone interested in a T-Shirt for this dive day?

I was thinking the text could read:

1st Annual
"It's Halloween DAM It!"
Lake Pleasant, Arizona
October 28, 2006

Obviously with a Halloween/Scuba theme.

Let me know, I just may do it for sh**ts and giggles anyway :D

Garrett

No problem, Garrett. We can take care of it next week. I'll take an XL T-shirt. Jennifer wants to see it before she decides if she wants one, so let me know when you have the design done.

BTW, I'll be ordering a Scorpion Bay shirt, too. Cool design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom