Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility at Edmonds today was not very good. Very heavy particulates in the water, and the poor viz continued out to about 25 feet, which is as deep as we got. I don't know what it measured, but to keep the team together, we had to swim close enough to kick each other all the time. I've had more fun diving . . .

Thanks. Got back tonight (Sun.) from EUP. What a difference a day made.
Steady 15' viz and maybe a murky 20' occasionally below 30fsw. Must have been enough time, tide movement and river flow off to clear things up a bit.

I dove with someone who dove Sat. also and said that the viz was horrible.
Hope you have better luck next time.

Thanks for letting me (us) know TSandM
Jim T.

Yeah, and I moved over to Cove 2, where even lamont said the viz wasn't very good (although it was excellent shallow -- go figure!)

Bob and I dove Cove 2 tonight, and the viz was AWFUL. It was bad in the shallows, and I hoped it would open up at depth, but we got to 95 feet and it never improved. If I was at Bob's fin tips, I could barely see his light. You had to want to dive.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks . . . Isn't it time it died off and we had a few clear days?

How is Hood Canal looking? Brinnon? Hoodsport? Anybody?

Thanks!

I was at Sund Rock and Sunrise Hotel on Friday and Saturday. The Viz on both days was crap.. 5' and worse. We thought we could get under the silt, but everthing below 60' was like a night dive....

Not a great weekend for diving....

Vis was in the 20' range at Cove 2 (The Office)...some snot in the water but really not too bad. Especially how low the tide was when we got out!
K

I dove at Redondo with Cold H20 (sorry you couldn't make it scubak) on sunday around Low tide and vis around 10ft with lots of stuff in the water. Then I dove the Barges at Maury island on monday, much better-about 20 ft vis. Thanks for a great weekend Colleen and Donnie!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom