Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove EUP yesterday. Vis was great! 15-20'. The Cabezon are quite aggressive. They were coming after us even when we were 10 ft away. Two of them really went after my husband repeatedly (2 separate incidents)! Don't 'cha just love diving and fighting off the marine life?! We did our best to avoid them as well as the ling cod guarding eggs.

On another note, we hadn't been diving EUP since last summer. The Triumph has sure changed!

I had about 20-25 feet on Sucia Island. That's not good for that area. Southern San Juans wer trashed

It was great to get back in the water again. Last dive was in N Carolina about a month ago.

Even Mukilteo was pleasant on an outgoing tide this afternoon. Less than a foot of viz above 20' and then it opened to 15' or so. Below 60' it opened up more but from 50' to 110' it was pretty dark.

Saw an octo on the little wreck that's bouy marked, a big cabbie, the largest plumose anemones I've ever seen and then came the seal.

Good dive, ya'll.

Had some nice dives at Cone Island and Lummi Rocks this weekend......Thanks Deep Sea!! Great outfit. Visibility wasn't really any better than anywhere else in the Seattle area. Maybe around 15-20 feet or so. Even down around 90fsw it never really opened up. But there was an abundance of life!! Saw an Octo hiding in his den, a Puget Sound King Crab, varieties of nudibranchs, one scared (and fast!!) Cabbie, a few Lings, Kelp greenlings etc etc.

Vis at Z's Reef yesterday, April 7th, was about 15-20 feet or so, Maury Island Barges was maybe 20-25. A fair amount of stringy floaties between 0-20 feet at Z's (really makes mid-water ascents easier), I think the spring blooms are getting started.

Blitz said visibility at Cove 2 today was about 35 feet. I wouldn't know. I forgot my gauges, and got to enjoy the front blowing in and spitting rain while I was waiting for my should-have-been-buddy to finish diving with other people :(

TSandM:
Blitz said visibility at Cove 2 today was about 35 feet. I wouldn't know. I forgot my gauges, and got to enjoy the front blowing in and spitting rain while I was waiting for my should-have-been-buddy to finish diving with other people :(

Sheesh Lynne, there is a dive shop right across the way at my condo-you should have called.

To add an OR report: the North Jetty at Florence has opened up some. Vis was 5'-7'. Lots of Dungeness...however, many are large females.

And apparently it's dive knife season...I found a "just legal" sized Deep See Squeeze-Loc @ 50' in Crab Hole. :wink:

Cheers,
Austin

Back
Top Bottom