Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20+ at Redondo yesterday ... best viz I've seen there since about October ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
20+ at Redondo yesterday ... best viz I've seen there since about October ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We must have brought the good vis back from Nanaimo . . .

Seriously, with a relatively dry forecast for the next week, we may be in for some late-arriving winter vis.

Vis in the late afternoon at Cove 2 on Saturday was 5 -15 feet. I was surprised that we almsot had it to ourselves at 230p. Glad we missed the crowds!

PNW Dive Girl:
Vis in the late afternoon at Cove 2 on Saturday was 5 -15 feet. I was surprised that we almsot had it to ourselves at 230p. Glad we missed the crowds!

I concur. 5-15ft and not too many people. Did not open up at depth. 8-10 at 100ft. Best visibility for us was at about 60-70ft.

-Ben

Edmonds UWP vis was at least 20' on Saturday afternoon's high tide. Best I've seen anywhere around here in months.

I just returned from Mukilteo after diving the oil dock and the viz was kinda minimal coming off high slack. Then there's that funny fresh water shimmer/blur that you get near the outlets. I was playing with some curious crabs when suddenly got the zero viz shimmer/blur and had to fin out of it. At times below 50' it opened up to 15-25' which was great while it lasted. The sun really helped...

Oh, also of note, I didn't see a single fish during the entire 48 minute dive. That was a first for me on ANY dive.

Dave

Vis at Redondo last night was the best I've seen in a while ... 20-30 feet, depending on depth ...

... until the damn harbor seal showed up ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Same at 3 Tree N last night. Anyone know if Cove 2 has improved?

Back
Top Bottom