Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dove Redondo last night, vis was about 20' untill the Harbor seal showed up,
the seal stayed with us till we turned the dive , well it's back to Cove 2 tonight
Cory

WOW! 20' of vis. Haven't heard that in a Puget Sound dive report in MONTHS.

Good deal.

One word of warning, however, the seals at Cove 2 are worse . . .

We dove the Pinnacle at Hood Canal yesterday with Don Colman.

Visiblity still isn't up to what we expect for January diving. We had 25' at the most, with the clearest around 80 to 95 FSW.

Still, we found and photographed what Don thinks is a new Wolf Eel den. He'll be diving and checking that out today. I was getting familiar with my new camera, a Christmas gift from my non-diving spouse, and was happy to have discovered them.

Our on-board DM, Ryan, filmed a Wolf Eel invading the den of an octopus (or vice versa? He was shivering badly as he realated the experience, his suit having flooded during the dive) Both creatures then moved out into the open and continued the battle. I hope to see that one when he adds it to his site.

All in all, a great day, followed by burgers and brew with some fellow divers from the Tacoma Fire Department. Viz was excellent at the Geoduck Tavern.

Steve

Did Jorsted Creek and Octo Hole today, vis was 20-30 feet, best at Octo, at the base of the wall, around 45 feet, you could look up and see well past the top of the wall at 20 feet. Very sweet after all the Cove 2 crappy vis we've had. Ran into a couple wolf eels, a huge male and a smaller female, and a bunch of rather pissed-off lingcods. One bluff-charged me as it came out if its den. Funny stuff.

Overall, two very nice dives.

Dived the breakwater at Port Townsend today ... vis was maybe 20 feet. Got a bit stirred up mid-day when the wind picked up. Overall not too bad though ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

5-6' at Pt Lawrence (Orcas Island) On Sat 20th, oh well, still good dives, and a boat filled with good folks.

Viz varied from not very good to almost nothing at Cove 2 today, but there were a lot of classes going on. We managed to have fun anyway.

Vis was about 20' at Three Tree on Saturday. Best I've seen this winter in the Sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom