Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lookin' good @ EUP yesterday. Dove to the North about 75 meters and viz was nearly 30' in spots below 40'. Dove just before high slack and just after. Was going to do one dive but since parking wasn't too stressed I went down the street and re-filled for a second dive.

Way too fun!

Sasquatch:
Lookin' good @ EUP yesterday. Dove to the North about 75 meters and viz was nearly 30' in spots below 40'. Dove just before high slack and just after. Was going to do one dive but since parking wasn't too stressed I went down the street and re-filled for a second dive.

Way too fun!
How'd you manage to get below 40 feet at EUP ... shovel? :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Although I've been a Dive Master for over 16 years and lived in the NW for the past 6 years, I've never convinced myself that any 50 degree water was worth diving in...until now.

Signed up for the Dry Suit course at my LDS and we had our first open water dive on Saturday. Since I live on Bainbridge Island, we made a shore dive from the park at Rockaway Beach. Everyone kept warning me how poor the vis would be, but I'd have to rate it a solid 20-30 feet at 30-60 feet deep. Of course, this being the first open water dive my wife, daugher, and I have made, we quickly clouded things up, but the current, while mild, was enough to quickly clear things up.

Matt

NWGratefulDiver:
How'd you manage to get below 40 feet at EUP ... shovel? :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ha!

Well, it was pretty close to 40' but, yes, we shoveled a bit and diving on a 12+ high tide didn't hurt either!:D

Matt, welcome to the cold water. I live in Suquamish and dive Rockaway often, usually with my video camera. See you there sometime, eh? And if you want a quick overview of the critters there and their behavior, check out the DVD "Return of the Plankton" it was filmed entirely around Bainbridge Island (disclosure: by yours truly, available at your lds). We should start seeing sculpin/greenling eggs on the reef there any time now. Look inside giant barnacle shells.

I've only been able to dive at Mukilteo. First dive in weeks for me.

Visibility was very poor at just past low slack in the afternoon. After sunset we got dark on top of "gauges to mask" low viz.

Gotta be better somewhere else but I'm off to snowshoe until Wednesday near Leavenworth.

Sea ya!

Anybody have an update? Sasquatch's last one has me nervous. I'm coming over next week and I'm getting all twitchy. Can somebody give me a temporary fix? A story? A picture? Anything will help. :wink:

-Ben

Don't count on amazing vis, but as long as it stays dry things should be improving. Elliott Bay (from my office window) looks blue-green for the first time in a couple months, so I bet you'll find vis better than that reported recently . . .

Anyone have a current report? I'd imagine with the weather we've been having - that the viz might be much improved?

Looking for a dive buddy to check out Viz at Redondo at sunset today. Anyone want to get wet?

Back
Top Bottom