Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any current reports from Hood Canal? (Sund Rock/Octo Hole would be appreciated!!) Heading out there at the end of the month and looking to find out what to expect.

Cheers,
Austin

Thanks for asking Austin, I was going to post this same question.

I was in Hood last week, and the vis was great. Probably in the high 40's.

mkaug:
I was in Hood last week, and the vis was great. Probably in the high 40's.

Yippee!! :D

Saturday we went out to Sund and vis was in the 20-30 range, with the 30's being at the south wall below 35fsw.

Lots of OW check-out divers on Saturday, and several AOW guys as well. I now have seen "the look" in the eye of an OW diver that is on the path to panic though. He had issues with the amount of gear, wetsuit, hood, etc, you have to wear. Rather than try again he bagged up the gear and said maybe someday in warm water. I do hope he does try again even if it is in warm water.

How are the oxygen levels in the canal this summer?

Whew...finally back on (work's been a killer lately..lol). Good vis @ Hood? Awesome!! Two days away from my trip up there (Octo Hole and then on to Mike's with some students...)...can't wait!!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Austin

Good to hear about the vis in the canal...just moved to Lacey, (Olympia), from portland, so now the canal is just a short drive away instead of 2.5 hours....cant wait to get my gear back from its annual at the LDS and get wet!

How's Edmonds been lately?

Back
Top Bottom