Current Visibility Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off to Mike's/Octo Hole late this AM. I'll have a vis report when I get back on Sunday afternoon all! :wink: Wish us luck...five sets of gear in the Camry for the weekend...LOL.

Cheers,
Austin

Dove EUP on the ebb at 5:30PM today. It was just...bad is the only word for it. I considered calling the dive as we dropped on a buoy and couldn't see the feature nor each other. We headed west for 20 cycles until we got separated then headed 360 and things got better. The sandy areas between the grass and stalks got pretty bright. After 20 minutes at 24 FSW it actually got about 20'.

Don't know if it was the depth, the ebb tide or the ferry but it was pretty sucky for a while there. Miso soup-like but very salty. Can't say I'd recommend for the viz, but...

Otherwise a great dive. Finally spotted critters, lots of shrimp, hermit crab, pipefish and the usual cast of characters.

Sea ya!

Just bumping up to get things more "current" :) (Than July!)
A week ago today Edmonds Underwater Park was 30'!

Wondering how things have been since the latest big windstorm on Monday,
especially at Langley, Mukilteo, and Edmonds...this week.
Any better than expected surprises? :)

Thanks

South Sound is so-so right now ... maybe 10-12 feet at Lobster Shop Wall on Monday, and a bit better than that ... 15 feet or so ... at Day Island Wall today.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Tonight was about 25 feet or so at The Office ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

25 feet or more at Dalco Wall and Sunrise today. LOTS of life at Sunrise!

Can anyone tell me how EUP has been latley? Looking to dive there this weekend and was curious if vis has been good.

Can't tell you about EUP specifically, but I can say that the bad vis caused by the storm runoff has dissipated ... vis at Redondo the other night was excellent ... greater than 25 feet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom