Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sunshine, you have to sit on your deck more often instead of running around in town :)

It really seems I left Curacao one week too early, lucky the guys who got to see the whales and/or the manta!

Greetings from Hamburg
Andreas

That is crazy!! A Humpback giving birth and giant Manta's!! WOW... why couldn't I be up there that week!!!

See you soon Sunshine!

What????
A humpback giving birth to a Manta?? With a Sea Horse riding it.
Andreas get back here, they are all narced since you left.
Brian we just have to swim a little more to the right!:D:confused:

Last edited:
Hi all,

My colleague Angel from OEW in Westpoint yesterday sent me a photo of a nurse shark he has seen on one of our dive trips - I still have to find out where and when they found it; but it seems Curacao is becoming "shark waters", lately :)

Greetings from Cologne (no sharks outside the aquarium...)
Andreas

David and I with Jude in tow went out with 3 snow birds for their last dive before they leave for the summer. We went just off Marazul. Andreas, I checked everywhere for your old friend the frogfish but didn't spot him anywhere. The visibility was over 100 feet this morning. All the day boaters have left Westpunt bay :wink: and life is back to normal here.

And I thought the only extraordinary wildlife in Westpunt was at Sol Food on the weekends :wink:

Cindy and I have decided to return in either Nov or Dec - hopefully some of these critters/creatures will be around at that time. Looking forward to reuniting with all the great folks we met last Dec - and we will miss Andreas, but by then, maybe he will decide to return. :D

Well this isn't a whale or shark but it was nice to catch a photo of the flying G yesterday evening
diving off Breezes with Bryan pulling the surface flag.:canada:

Attachments

• Flying G.jpg
    Flying G.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 49
I have always wanted to see a Flying Grunard! If their wings/fins are not showing, and you are swimming over one, do they look a lot like a Lizardfish? I am curious as to what to look for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom