Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I just saw my first flying gurnard in front of All West Apartments right after entering the water!

The hammerhead didn't show up again, so far.

Greetings from the end of the (civilized) world
Andreas

Saw my first Snake eel at PM two days ago.
Very strange, about the size of a large green Morey.

Attachments

• thing (1).jpg
    thing (1).jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Snake Eel.jpg
    Snake Eel.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 73
I 'm thinking neither of these two will be eating at Sunshine's any time soon.

Attachments

• Now what.jpg
    Now what.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 115
Hi all,

have to let you know that the hammerhead shark was spotted in Westpoint again by some divers 2 days ago, this time in front of Playa Kalki - bommer, I was on a trip to Eastpoint at that time, couldn't be further away... But I enjoyed Eastpoint very much - what a healthy and beautiful coral landscape; vertical walls full of big gorgonians and soft coral; in the shallows the largest elkhorn corals I have ever seen. Simply stunning!!!

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

Another wild life report from Westpunt; and yet another wild life sighting I missed. This morning the guests staying at Marazul witnessed a humpback whale giving birth to a calf. They all said it was unbelievable. The whale and it's baby stayed in the bay for most of the morning giving them, the OEW dive boat and guests at the Lodge Kura Hulanda probably a once in a life time experience.

are you kidding me.. that's nut!!
well, my wife and i will be in Curacao april 25th to may 2nd. you can bet nothing will be in Curacao that week. i think we're just jinxed like that. we didnt even see a Manta ray on our Manta dive in Hawaii. i think the only no-show night in months.

did you say humpback whale? and something about giving birth? that last part was just over the top.. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom