Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer: that means Mark and I missed the spotted eagle ray AND the hammerhead that day?! And Mark still hasn't seen/caught the Mermaid (apart from Kukuisa's one!)

Right, we are quitting diving and taking up golf.

And Andreas, I'm officially no longer talking to you.

BTW Sunshine, many thanks for your hospitality on Friday. As usual the pizzas were AWESOME!!!

See you,
Suzy

The Dive Bus - HOME

Hey Suzy,

No reason to be upset with me - you might get a second chance for the hammerhead: Toeki saw it this afternoon again in front of All West when mooring our dive boat there.

Let me add to this Curacao wildlife report the 2 eagle rays (at Watamula and Rediho City) and 2 turtles (at Kortape Point and Watamula) that I saw on my last 3 dives yesterday and today.

Don't let anyone catch your bubbles

Andreas

WooHoo!!!!!! I found a frog fish at Port Marie today!!!
FrogFish1.jpg

P3022716.jpg

P3022714.jpg

My First One!!!

Hi CheddarChick,

That frogfish is so beautiful - I love those little guys! Though yellow as it is, one might think you just put a piece of cheese on the reef :wink:

Hope you find more cool stuff!

Andreas

Shoot...Busted...gosh Andreas...how could you tell it was made of cheddar???

Thanks for all the wildlife reports! I am headed to Sunset Waters April 4, and I am so looking forward to it - and all the uw beauty of Curacao!
Sallye

To get a better impression of the size of this seahorse at Baya here is another picture made during the dive last week.
Baya_20090307_016.jpg

The seahorse is traveling from one spot to another. Check the Stove Pipe Sponge to estimate its size.

Last edited:
Gustele...Can't see it..And I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you on the island......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom