CSSP Texas Swamp Divers Meet and Greet

What date works best for you for a Texas Swamp Divers CSSP meet and great?

• Saturday August 19th

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Saturday August 26th

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • What's a Swamp Diver?

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be doing my 1st open water dives on the 26th in CSSP (I think?) sometime during the day (popping my diving cherry). Maybe I'll be able to meet you guys at some later date.

Yes. Do a final roll call the week prior. I am planning on attending the CSSP Swampers outing on Aug. 26. Would you guys and gals believe that, in some way, I agree with Daylonius? It's weird. Put me in the water and I can follow my compass. But for some reason I've never really bothered to "notice" which way north was at CSSP. I get in the water, take a compass heading to that shark or boat and take off. After that, I am just following a number on a dial. I don't know that I've ever really bothered to relate it to anything on the surface at CSSP.

Having said all of this, I have managed to pay just enough attention to determine which way north is at CSSP. I've always kind of thought the CSSP quarry runs NE-SW; but nobody talks about it that way.

TxHockeyGuy -- I will complain about your lousy SAC rate; but I'll dive with you some time. We just have to get coordinated. Currently, I have dive plans for Aug 12, Aug 26 (CSSP Swampers), and Sep 2.

Y'all have fun diving! Peace!
JR

I went last Friday- the "north" end I believe had the best vis. You couldn't see the shark. This was Friday during the day before there was a crowd. Roll call just before going is a good idea. Is there anyone coming from Ft Worth?

I'd say let's set up over by the plane on the "left side"... I'll be there.. also, International Scuba is gearing up a new dive club called Zero Gravity Divers.. they're doing a picnic / cookout / whathaveyou on the 27th at CSSP...

There's a PDF somewhere out there that's got all the details.. when I find a link, I'll post it up here...

D.

FWNurseshark:
I went last Friday- the "north" end I believe had the best vis. You couldn't see the shark. This was Friday during the day before there was a crowd. Roll call just before going is a good idea. Is there anyone coming from Ft Worth?

Kinda blows hell out of the theory that it's "all those clueless students", doesn't it. Myself, I've been noticing the catfish kicking up a lot of silt along the the entire length of the wall and all the way around past the shark. They've been at it for several months, too.

What is Texas Swamp Divers?

I am new to area and live in Austin, want to get back in the water, what is the best way to get a hold of some fun safe divers in the area do get checked out for local lake diving ect..........

ScubaShawn123

cell 512-968-8278

email: scubashawn@austin.rr.com

ZzzKing:
Kinda blows hell out of the theory that it's "all those clueless students", doesn't it. Myself, I've been noticing the catfish kicking up a lot of silt along the the entire length of the wall and all the way around past the shark. They've been at it for several months, too.

The bass are even bigger culprits at silting an area----natural camo for their hunting of the baby fishes!

So this gathering is the 26th. a Sat.,,,,well pencil me in for this one.

So please---- what time and in which location???

:)

texdiveguy:
The bass are even bigger culprits at silting an area----natural camo for their hunting of the baby fishes!

So this gathering is the 26th. a Sat.,,,,well pencil me in for this one.

So please---- what time and in which location???

:)

I think the general consensus is to be over near the plane. I think it would be nice if we could put a time on when we all plan on starting with the brats and beers. That will give everyone the opportunity to work there way over to the main gathering while letting them dive wherever they want and still get in on the main get together. Thoughts everyone?

Also there was a post regarding what are the Texas swamp divers. Well we are a group of divers who enjoy, or at least put up with, diving in the various lakes and quarries around Texas. There's no membership, just Texas divers who like to dive together. There are some stickies at the top of the forum that describe us better (although I still haven't been added to the list of official Texas Swamp Divers).

TxHockeyGuy:
There are some stickies at the top of the forum that describe us better (although I still haven't been added to the list of official Texas Swamp Divers).

You have now! :D

Shawn, welcome to the board!

Come on out to CSSP for the get-together. We always like meeting new people.

Back
Top Bottom