CSSP Labor Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast feels the need for a road trip and since there's some new Swampers up there, we've decided to make the drive and try to meet up with some of them.

We'll drive up Sat. morning early, dive the rest of the day and come home Sunday. He'll have Monday to take of some chores he wants to get done around the house.

So who's planning on being at CSSP next Saturday? We'd love to meet some new folks and visit with the, uh, not so new ones! :D

If you and Beast are coming, I will definitely try to be there. Are you going to stay in the same hotel in Terrell you were at last time?

Count me in for Saturday, can't wait to meet you guys.....

ScubaTexan:
If you and Beast are coming, I will definitely try to be there. Are you going to stay in the same hotel in Terrell you were at last time?

haha...if I can remember which one it was! I think it was the Comfort Inn, right? Beast will remember. Do you have another one in mind? We're open to it.

BTW...do you know if dogs are allowed at CSSP? He's just a little thing!

Troy and I will be out there on Sunday also. We have a class but another instructor is teaching. We were just going to lend a hand if he needs it. We will have time for a dive and some hello's with the Texas Swampers! Last time I read the CSSP rules there were no pets allowed. Now that doesn't mean there aren't dogs out there! There are plenty of them, but I think they are the owner's of the park.

I'm booked on the SeaSearcher II, so there's a good chance I can make it.

Check with RKR3000 about the dog. I think they bring their dog when they camp out.

Dee:
haha...if I can remember which one it was! I think it was the Comfort Inn, right? Beast will remember. Do you have another one in mind? We're open to it.

If it wasn't a Comfort Inn, it might have been a Best Western....I know there's one just up from I-20 on Virginia Street, heading into downtown Terrell. I'll check for you.
:)

The Comfort Inn is on 34, just south of 20. Beast says that was the one. I'll leave Toby at home. He'll be OK overnight and I won't have to bother anyone to watch him while we dive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dee, I stayed and the Motel 6 last night, close to the Comfort Inn on 34 just north of I-20, turn into the lot at the Waffle House. This one has microwave and fridge in it, nice clean rooms with interior hallways, and with tax and all was $45.19 for one person.

Reservations are here, looks like they've upped the price for the holiday, $60 (before tax) for one person instead of $40, and $65 for 2 ppl. Still may be cheaper than others. Reservations.

I usually try to stay far, far away from places on holidays, but if y'all are coming up! :jump:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom