CSSP Labor Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee, if we can get there early enough, we'll try to get the spot by The Bench. It's a pretty popular area for the classes, so we'll have to get there early. For those who don't know where The Bench is, it's at the last wooden dock on the west side. There are a pair of Porta-Potties just on the south side of them. If you go past them, you're at the far north end by the pontoon entry. I'll try to get there early enough. I'm driving a blue Ford Expedition. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

P.S. The classes usually clear out around noon, so after that, we'll pretty much have the park to ourselves.

By the time we get checked into the hotel and get to the park, I'm thinking we'll get there around 11-noon. We'll be in Beasts white diesel Ford pick-up.

This is gonna be fun!

Any other weekend and I'd be there. This being a holiday weekend, and having made previous plans, I won't be able to make it. Hopefully the weather and vis will cooperate, and the turnout will be robust for our visiting Southern Swampers.

Ya'll have fun.

parrotheaddiver:
Will someone have a "Swampers" sign for those of us who have never been there before?

I think Gary (Catch 22) has the only banner for the northern Swampers (his wife made the one for the southern Swampers also that Dee and Doug have) but don't know if he can make it. Will e-mail him.

Someone who gets there early could hang a Swampers t-shirt from one of the posts on a shelter to identify the spot. Tom, I saw you had one the other weekend when we dove with Frank and Laura. Hint, hint. :eyebrow:

Also, here's a pic. of the Beast Bench by one of the shelters.

parrotheaddiver:
Will someone have a "Swampers" sign for those of us who have never been there before?

I can bring the Southern Swampers banner that Mrs. Catch 22 made for us....HERE

But someone is gonna have to tell us where to go or leave word at the gate where the Swampers will be.

Just head off to the left and follow the winding road over to the pavillions. You'll be able to see the Bench once you reach the pavillion area. We usually bivouac at the one to the left of the bench.

We should be there around 10:00-11:00 driving a 99 red Tahoe. We will look for Swamper signs banners t-shirts and the beast bench.

ScubaTexan you are saying after entering the gate turn left and follow the road correct? I assume we need to fill out paper wk and pay at the gate. We have never been there just trying to get some bearings so we are not driving in circles. Thanks

parrotheaddiver:
We should be there around 10:00-11:00 driving a 99 red Tahoe. We will look for Swamper signs banners t-shirts and the beast bench.

ScubaTexan you are saying after entering the gate turn left and follow the road correct? I assume we need to fill out paper wk and pay at the gate. We have never been there just trying to get some bearings so we are not driving in circles. Thanks

Parrotheaddiver, here's a copy the CSSP map. We usually try to get the shelters where the red X is, the far NW wooden dock, not the pontoon dock that's further north (the spot by the plane where the pontoon dock is now shows to be a "stone entry ramp" on this map, they've moved it from the south location that this map shows the pontoon to be). This wooden dock at the red X is the area the Bench is at. Be advised that the map is inverted, North is at the bottom. Click on the attachment, then click on it again when it comes up to enlarge it so some of the text can be read easier if you want.

Yup, you need to show your C card the first time you're there so they can get you on file; they will have you on a list after that and you won't have to mess with the paperwork-waiver thing and will just have to sign in once that is taken care of. The tank rental-fill station is directly east of the check-in.

Hope to see you there! And I hope we can get the shelters before someone else does. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom