Criminally negligent homicide?/Scuba Instructor Faces Charges (merged threads)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or perhaps universities will go back to teaching higher quality programs run by honest-to-goodness university faculty and taught to a standard above that of an LDS, wouldn't that be a refreshing change? A university course should be a cut above what is available in the commercial world, in all fields and subjects, no?

This from someone who was homeschooled in the art and science of Scuba? College's are the same as government in this respect, they cannot provide the service that the private sector can. To assume that training would be better if it were performed by "honest to goodness university faculty" is ridiculous. Lets recall, this accident happened at an honest to goodness university, by an individual hired by that same university. No, I'm happy having found a good LDS that was able to perform excellent service and at the end have a certification rather than a couple credits in P.E. Having said that, I dont think it should be removed from the universities either, becuase in the end, the more places it is available, the more people can enjoy the sport.

En boca cerrada, no entran moscas!

This from someone who was homeschooled in the art and science of Scuba? College's are the same as government in this respect, they cannot provide the service that the private sector can. To assume that training would be better if it were performed by "honest to goodness university faculty" is ridiculous. Lets recall, this accident happened at an honest to goodness university, by an individual hired by that same university. No, I'm happy having found a good LDS that was able to perform excellent service and at the end have a certification rather than a couple credits in P.E. Having said that, I dont think it should be removed from the universities either, becuase in the end, the more places it is available, the more people can enjoy the sport.

:rofl3:

You think that a weekends worth of recreational SCUBA instruction is going to give you a superior education compaired to four months of college lecture and pool work?!?

Well, in this case, it was somebody from a LDS who was hired as a contracter to deliver scuba classes. Also, the students who completed the course did have certification, as well as 1 credit hour of PE credit. The thing is, a credit hour requires 15 hrs of classroom time. Each hour of classroom time can also be replaced by 3 hrs of lab time (i.e. pool time). That is much more time than a typical weekend OW course offered by most LDSs.

1. क्या आप अब मुझे समझ
  2. uppfattar du mig nu?
  3. Вы понимаете меня теперь?
  4. vrei sa ma intelegi acum?
  5. Pan mnie teraz zrozumieć?
  6. forstår du meg nå?
  7. 言ってることが分かります今すぐ
  8. Sie verstehen mich jetzt?
  9. denkt u begrijpt me nu?
  10. ¿me entienden ahora?
Do you understand me now?

nereas?

Back
Top Bottom