Crew Packs/PICS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MicT

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am an instructor working on starting my own little scuba business. I'm looking for the least expensive way to purchase crew packs/PICS. I'm seeing crew packs on Amazon, etc., but they do not specify whether they include a PIC. Any info/suggestions? Thanks

I presume you're a padi pro because of "PIC" - If you're not then don't read the rest of this :p

One of the easiest ways is to get them online via padi pro site. (also, Elearning is not cheaper - which is really stupid in my opinion, save the environment, right?)

The odds are that Amazon will not include the PIC, because generally it's loaded to your instructor number.

Try contacting your regional PADI manager and find out who the regional padi materials supplier is, they should then give you discounts depending on your levels etc...

i.e an Instructor may get 10% off, Dive store 15% etc.

Yes, I am a padi pro. It is completely ridiculous that e-learning is so expensive, I agree. I actually just received a reply from the Amazon seller stating that the PIC is not included, so looks like padi store is probably my best option. Thanks so much for your response :) Much appreciated.

As an independent you are mostly doing 1or 2 students at a time. Correct?
Makes more sense to have students do eLearning. Saves about 5 hours of classroom time and I find they are better prepared. Time is money. DO NOT make the mistake of lowering the value of your classes by selling it cheap. You will only attract cheap people who take a class get certified and never dive again, never invest in gear. I call them Groupon divers, always looking for a cheap experience and then complain anyway. Once they complete eLearning come to you, you might want to do a short review on eRDPml or RDP before administrating quick review test . I use both only as an intro to what most divers use which is a computer which can be less expensive than a watch and depth gauge. Go over any wrong responses on quick review in a prescriptive manner. Completion form student prints out from Online eLearning has a code for you to use to process a certification card at no cost to you. Done right you may find you actually can make some money and not complain about cost of PADI membership dues and insurance. Should work out to at least about $40 to $100 per hour to you for academic and confined water training in a private / semi private ow class. That upper amount money is what I get teaching private/ semi private with a flexible schedule for students ( 4 students at a time) for a LDS...lower amount ($40. ) for 1 student. Training dives not included. Anything less you are giving the class away and you may find cost of insurance,member fees, gas, gear, etc too expensive.

Done right you may find you actually can make some money and not complain about cost of PADI membership dues and insurance. .
Does not matter what I make, I will never stop complaining about Membership fees or Insurance cost. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom